omelet1978

Could you install an aftermarket nav and is it worth it?

I'm seriously considering a 2010 Fusion Sport with navigation. I typically like to install aftermarket stuff, but I've heard good things about sync so am wondering if the stock system might be worth it this time. Any thoughts?

I found this on here that supposedly would unlock the nav system while driving too.

http://www.coastaletech.com/fusioninstallation.htm

Also, is there even a dash kit that would fit the 2010 fusion and not look ghetto?

Thanks

I'm seriously considering a 2010 Fusion Sport with navigation. I typically like to install aftermarket stuff, but I've heard good things about sync so am wondering if the stock system might be worth it this time. Any thoughts?

I found this on here that supposedly would unlock the nav system while driving too.

http://www.coastaletech.com/fusioninstallation.htm

Also, is there even a dash kit that would fit the 2010 fusion and not look ghetto?

Thanks

I'm happy with the navigation system, and the Sync. Being 65 years old please excuse my lack of high tech feature sophistication, but I like that the stock system picks up not only my phone, but all my stored phone numbers, and finds them by voice.

Our Fusion Hybrid has a built in input for an iPod in the concole, to play it through the speakers. It uses the same connector that you use to connect the iPod to the computer (USB connector).

That coastaletech adaptor would fix the shortfall of not being able to put addresses in the Nav on the fly, but I respect the concept, because you shouldn't be doing that while driving. But what is frustrating is that the passenger who isn't driving can't do it either, so we have to stop to input it. Gas stations and rest areas work.

Of course for an area restaurant, gas station, store, etc. you can find those while driving. And if I know I'm going to need help finding some specific address in the morning, I will input it the night before, so it's just a button to push the next day. So I think I'll save the money on the Coastaletech device for now.

I'm looking at the stock non-nav radio and you can see that the climate controls display the temperature on the radio display...so if I were to put in an aftermarket radio would the climate controls not work right?

Thanks for the reply

I'm looking at the stock non-nav radio and you can see that the climate controls display the temperature on the radio display...so if I were to put in an aftermarket radio would the climate controls not work right?

Thanks for the reply

Looks like a lot ties into the radio display, so changing it out might be a big undertaking. A lot of cars today have a lot of systems integrated into the head unit, and replacing them is a pain.

Yeah I decided to go with the stock nav system. Just from looking at how integrated it was with everything I thought it would be better than an aftermarket setup.