Sign in to follow this  
mikenmar

Spontaneous requests for Health Reports?

Twice now in the last thousand miles or so, I got a spontaneous request from the car voice lady asking if I wanted to run a Vehicle Health Report.

I'm sure I didn't do anything to provoke it. Is this supposed to happen?

I declined both times. Should I have said yes? Does it mean there's a problem?

This is a bug. I have my phone paired and get VHRs on SyncMyRide with no problem. Every 2 weeks or so I get a request, then another, then another, and maybe another. It doesn't matter how many go through or how many I ignore. It just keeps asking to run one. Sometimes it will fire every 5 minutes, sometimes every 2 days. I was told there is supposed to be a fix for this but I haven't brought it in for updating yet.

Jon

That's normal and will keep happening until you properly set up the VHR and send one, or you turn off the feature through the SYNC menus.

That started with me, too, so I turned off the auto VHR sending option in the Sync menu's somewhere. I think I set it for every 5000 miles, but it still just started asking me randomly. (Disclaimer: I don't have a hybrid, but I think it would still be the same.)

I was having the same issue. I installed SYNC V3.1 (AR3T-14D544-AE) about a week ago and it hasn't prompted me for a VHR since. I'm hoping it solved the problem for good. The update also seems to have fixed an issue where my iPhone would automatically start playing over bluetooth anytime I started the car, regardless of what the stereo was set for.

Mine did it on a road trip 4 times and never has done it since.

I was having the same issue. I installed SYNC V3.1 (AR3T-14D544-AE) about a week ago and it hasn't prompted me for a VHR since. I'm hoping it solved the problem for good. The update also seems to have fixed an issue where my iPhone would automatically start playing over bluetooth anytime I started the car, regardless of what the stereo was set for.

Ah an update that sounds worthy of breaking all my settings. I shall give it a try and hopefully both of those problems which I also have will be fixed.

Mine did it on a road trip 4 times and never has done it since.

I have had this happen probably 5 times now, 1 of those times it was actually due on miles but the others were surprises. Whether I choose "Yes" (thinking something may be wrong, but there isn't) or "No" doesn't seem to matter.

The voice lady sounds like she's pretty banal, but turns out she's actually kinda moody and will prompt you for a report whenever she darn well pleases.

The voice lady sounds like she's pretty banal, but turns out she's actually kinda moody and will prompt you for a report whenever she darn well pleases.

I hear she's pretty hot. I tried to ask her out for a drink once, but she thought I was asking for a sync.