Delawaredave

Remove front bumper license plate holder ? 2010

How do you get off the black plastic front bumper license plate holder ?

2010 Fusion. Don't need it. Couldn't find any assembly screws - looks like snapped together.

Thanks for your help !

Same question here. It looks like some kind of rivets.

Well, I have never seen that bracket installed. My 2010 Fusion was delivered with that bracket in a plastic bag in the trunk. (not needed in my location)

If it is secured with pop rivets, they are easily drilled out. Aluminum rivets are very easy to drill and stainless steel more difficult. The same drill bit is used for Al and SS.

Regards from Canada. Grey Cup Sunday.

Same question here. It looks like some kind of rivets.

I saw this somewhere - looks like drilling out rivets. I would think there's some way to remove in a way "replacable" in the future.

Looks very tough to see behind bumper/bracket....

Fusion license plate post

There two round circles on face - about 6" apart.

I pushed a small punch in the center - and it releases the backing of the license plate mount.

Attached is image - looks like one of those "drywall wall mounts" - where tabs expand/bend behind the drywall after pushed in.

So my bracket is off - there are two 1/4 inch holes in the bumper.

post-5118-125952177239_thumb.jpg

There two round circles on face - about 6" apart.

I pushed a small punch in the center - and it releases the backing of the license plate mount.

Attached is image - looks like one of those "drywall wall mounts" - where tabs expand/bend behind the drywall after pushed in.

So my bracket is off - there are two 1/4 inch holes in the bumper.

Unreal, I have the same issue and am not looking forward to holes in my brand new car.

Unreal, I have the same issue and am not looking forward to holes in my brand new car.

Holes aren't bad - car looks better without bracket - obviously would prefer no holes but too late for that...

Holes aren't bad - car looks better without bracket - obviously would prefer no holes but too late for that...

I'll find a front license plate that looks decent. I can't have holes showing on my car... too tacky for this NEW vehicle