fusion2010

Remote start/Heated seats

Our new fusion met nearly every criteria we had, with a couple exceptions. Wife really wanted ourside temp display but ours is compass only. She also wated heated seats, but ours dont have it. Last thing would have been remote start. Is their any way these things can be purchased? I do not want hacked up aftermarket stuff. I saw a replacement mirror that had outside temp display, also a remote start system, but no heated seats. Where canI buy these items that are specifically for our car?

Thank you in advance

Raymond/Tina

If you get an SEL, it will have the heated seats, and the outside air temp. Cheaper than buying the aftermarket parts for it...

I'm not sure what the best option is for heated seats. You could get a set out of a new 2010 wreck if they were the color and size you needed but then you still would have to worry about the wiring and control switch. The switches are located in the climate control pod and I'm not sure if they use the same wire loom if the car doesn't come equipped with heated seats. As for the remote start, that is a dealer installed option. So I wouldn't be to worried about after market as long as you have a reputable installer. I'm currently looking at installing a Viper 5901 or 5902 in my new 2010 Fusion Sport. It would require the same installation as the factory (Code Alarm) system. But the Viper has a far superior range on its remote. There are three factory versions, Gold, Silver,and Bronze. The Gold has alarm as well as remote start as does the Viper systems. If you go with remote start, you probably won't miss the heated seats that much. I think they would be a pretty pricey upgrade. Good luck!

I installed a Bronze remote start in my Fusion. No need for a Silver remote start as all it does is duplicate what is on the factory key/remote. No need for a Gold if your car has a factory alarm, although the Gold system does add a shock sensor.

The downfall to the Silver and Gold systems is the physical size of the 6 button remote...it's huge. Carry that, combined with the factory key/remote, and you may hear..."Is that a couple of remotes in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" :hysterical2: