Sign in to follow this  
DUCRIDER

lighted sill plates - HELP!

Hello all...I recently took delivery of my 2010 Fusion SE with Sport Blue, appearance package...4 cylinder, 6 speed manual (Yes I had to special order it). So far 600 miles and 29.8 MPG on a couple weeks driving. Anyway, the point is...I ordered a set of lighted stainless sill plates, since I couldn't get them with my car. (Part code 8E5Z-54132A08-AA). I know my way around cars, and wired it like the 2009 instructions said to do, but it's obviously wrong for the 2010. The lights stay on all the time, and won't time out with the dome lights. So please....does anyone know the correct wiring for the 2010? Thanks in advance!

Hello all...I recently took delivery of my 2010 Fusion SE with Sport Blue, appearance package...4 cylinder, 6 speed manual (Yes I had to special order it). So far 600 miles and 29.8 MPG on a couple weeks driving. Anyway, the point is...I ordered a set of lighted stainless sill plates, since I couldn't get them with my car. (Part code 8E5Z-54132A08-AA). I know my way around cars, and wired it like the 2009 instructions said to do, but it's obviously wrong for the 2010. The lights stay on all the time, and won't time out with the dome lights. So please....does anyone know the correct wiring for the 2010? Thanks in advance!

Do a search as someone else a month or two back had the same problem. Said instructions were wrong but his was installed by dealer and they fixed it. Maybe he will chime in. Hope my memory isn't completely wrong.

I saw it too....search for "lighted sill plates"...the author was SMR2112 on 9/11/09. He had the same problem.

Wow....thanks for the fast response......I read the post, unfortunately, I've found out the "blue" wire under the trim plate (drivers side) now controls a power door function, not the dome light as in previous years. The earlier post did not suggest the correct colour code for the dome light hookup. So I guess my interior will be apart for the night, or unyil I find a post for the dome light colour code. Thanks again.

Got my own answer.......fordaccessories.com DOES have the updated 2010 installation instructions I needed. Thanks to you who answered....Joe