Sign in to follow this  
energytactics

Add Automatic Headlamp control

My father's 2010 Fusion did not come with headlamps that come on either in the dark or with the ignition. I call that auto headlamps. Do any models of the Fusion offer these. Can the headlamp switch (and what other sensors) be replaced to gain this function?

TIA

My father's 2010 Fusion did not come with headlamps that come on either in the dark or with the ignition. I call that auto headlamps. Do any models of the Fusion offer these. Can the headlamp switch (and what other sensors) be replaced to gain this function?

TIA

My 2010 Fusion Hybrid has both Day Time Running Lights (DRL) and the Auto Headlamp features. DRL is mandatory in Canada. What model is your father Fusion?

TIA

My Tennessee 2010 Fusion Hybrid came with a headlight setting that lets them come on at dark, off at daylight, or on if the windshield wipers are on. The second feature is nice in Tennessee where there is a state law that your headlights must be on if it's raining. I don't think I have or need daylight running lights.

If the headlights are single relay activated, I am betting there is an aftermarket device that includes a daylight sensor that could be installed to achieve the feature you want. Here is one such aftermarket kit....

http://www.painlessperformance.com/webcatalog/largeview.php?SearchField=63041