DanM

Has anyone found a Key Case that will accomodate the key for the FFH?

So I recently got my FFH (Finally!), and my only concern is not with the car itself, but the key! It's HUGE!

I'd like to put it in my leather key case, but there's no way it will fit on any of the rings. I haven't bought a car since 2002 -- are all keys this big now?

I'd like to know if anyone has found a keycase that will accomodate a key of this size. My current key case has, in addition to the 6 rings inside the case, a detachable key ring (I think it is referred to as a valet ring) that I can fit the key on, but that defeats the purpose. I put my keys in my pocket (don't most guys?), and if the key is on the external ring, it is outside of (although attached to) the key case, and tearing up my pockets.

I want to find an oversized key case to put my oversized key in, so that my key won't tear up my pockets. All the key cases I've found only accomodate "regular-sized" keys, like the kind you get for your house.

I haven't found anything on this elsewhere in the forum.

I'm pretty sure all Ford keys are the same now. They are so big because the fob is integrated into the key. I don't know what a key case is. I've never heard of that. It's like a purse for keys?

You could buy a different key off ebay and use that. Many here have bought the flip key for the fusion with good success.

Here is a typical key case. Mine looks similar to this.

key_case_from_montblanc_RJ2070_enlarge.jpg

No one else uses this?

I don't really want a smaller version of the key to make it fit into my (small) keycase, I want to find a larger keycase to accomodate my larger key.

I'm looking for a hide-a-key case thats big enough but no luck yet (have asked at a couple big box stores, on-line, even a local Ford parts dealer) all say the same thing, nothing big enough - is it still 1990 !? (I want a complete spare with me at all times, hidden somewhere on the exterior of the vehicle in a water proof case)

I want to find an oversized key case to put my oversized key in, so that my key won't tear up my pockets. All the key cases I've found only accomodate "regular-sized" keys, like the kind you get for your house.

I haven't found anything on this elsewhere in the forum.

How about a knife, or tool sheath? I've got an old Gerber Multi-Pocket Pocket Tool sheath made from strong, flexible nylon fabric, that the key fits into, perfectly. It's 2 1/2" W x 5"L x 1/2" thick. It can go inside your pocket, or clip onto a belt.

Websites for reference:

http://www.gerber-tools.com/Gerber-Medium-...Sheath-8762.htm

http://store.leatherman.com/shop/shop.aspx?category=41