Sign in to follow this  
thepro8

2010 Ford Fusion SEL, is leaster standard or an option

My company is changing our company cars. We were chrysler 300s, but now we are 2010 Ford Fusion SEL. Is leather standard on the SEL or is it an option?

My company is changing our company cars. We were chrysler 300s, but now we are 2010 Ford Fusion SEL. Is leather standard on the SEL or is it an option?

It was an option in the 06-09's, so I'd assume it's still an option. I'd get cloth for a fleet car, and I'm sure your company is thinking the same thing.

It was an option in the 06-09's, so I'd assume it's still an option. I'd get cloth for a fleet car, and I'm sure your company is thinking the same thing.

We are getting whatever is included in the I4 SEL model. They are going to be 3 year leases and we can pay out of our own pocket for any upgrades we want.

We are getting whatever is included in the I4 SEL model. They are going to be 3 year leases and we can pay out of our own pocket for any upgrades we want.

Leather is standard on the 010 SEL. I'm in a similar boat too and planning to get (Company car) the SEL upgraded to V6 with the Appearance package that includes 18" wheels and sport suspension, which I definitely want in my car, plus moon & tune for the high powered stereo.

Leather is standard on the 010 SEL. I'm in a similar boat too and planning to get (Company car) the SEL upgraded to V6 with the Appearance package that includes 18" wheels and sport suspension, which I definitely want in my car, plus moon & tune for the high powered stereo.

Yes, Leather was "Standard" on the 06-09's too. It doesn't mean cloth isn't an "Option". I'm not talking about the Ford Build and Price website, but talking to the dealer and having them input it into the computer.

Why not just get a Sport?

The SPORT is missing allot of good "stuff" that is all standard on the SEL just so you know. You have to reach into your wallet to make any SPORT nicely equipped like the SEL comes standard. Sure there is a different motor 3.5 versus 3.0 but having driven the 3.0 it is plenty powerful by itself.

That makes sense. Is the SEL less expensive even with the handling/decor package?

That makes sense. Is the SEL less expensive even with the handling/decor package?

The base Sport is about $200 more (list price) then the V6 SEL

But the SEL contains things like heated seats and mirrors (several items) that is not included on the base Sport. It will cost you roughly $3000 to get the package that contains those items for the Sport, but when purchased will also include BLIS which is not standard on the SEL.

The optional "Appearance package" either monochrome or regular will cost you $900 list for the SEL and that includes the sport suspension and 18" wheels and tires.

So, because the Sport model forces you to buy a full blown "electronics package" it becomes much higher then the SEL because on the SEL many items are standard and the real electronics are broken out as an option.

To further answer your question, if you take a V6 SEL and add the Appearance Package, you will be roughly $600 more then the base model Sport but will have more creature ammenities as standard. The only way to get those same ammenities on the sport will cost you $3000 list as a package adder to the Sport model but will include a few more things like the BLIS and rearview camera too. (Personally, I don't like being forced to buy those additional few expensive items.)

The base SEL is a very nicely equipped car and with the 3.0 V6, it has plenty of power. I have test driven it several times now and am decided that it is more then sufficient, and I don't make that statement lightly. It's got allot more power then my current V6 equipped Escape.

The base Sport is about $200 more (list price) then the V6 SEL

But the SEL contains things like heated seats and mirrors (several items) that is not included on the base Sport. It will cost you roughly $3000 to get the package that contains those items for the Sport, but when purchased will also include BLIS which is not standard on the SEL.

The optional "Appearance package" either monochrome or regular will cost you $900 list for the SEL and that includes the sport suspension and 18" wheels and tires.

So, because the Sport model forces you to buy a full blown "electronics package" it becomes much higher then the SEL because on the SEL many items are standard and the real electronics are broken out as an option.

To further answer your question, if you take a V6 SEL and add the Appearance Package, you will be roughly $600 more then the base model Sport but will have more creature ammenities as standard. The only way to get those same ammenities on the sport will cost you $3000 list as a package adder to the Sport model but will include a few more things like the BLIS and rearview camera too. (Personally, I don't like being forced to buy those additional few expensive items.)

The base SEL is a very nicely equipped car and with the 3.0 V6, it has plenty of power. I have test driven it several times now and am decided that it is more then sufficient, and I don't make that statement lightly. It's got allot more power then my current V6 equipped Escape.

It weighs a lot less than the Escape too. I agree that the Sport is a stripped SEL with a bigger engine. It's more like an SE.

If your fleet package is similar to mine, (PHHArval) leather seats were an option you could add at your own cost, the premium cloth seats were standard along with the moons and tunes package which gave you the upgraded sony system.

Hopefully, my 2010 Ford Fusion I4 SEL will arrive this week. I expect to see leather only on the steering wheel. My sales brochure indicates that leather trimmed seats are an option.

This is my first post. Hope that I have hit the correct keys!

Hi guys. :D This is Ford's official information - For 2010 JOB 1, the 2010 Fusion Sport is equipped with all the standard features of a 2010 Fusion SE, plus the following equipment:

3.5L V-6 engine with 6-speed SelectShift Automatic transmission.

18" 5 spoke aluminum wheels.

P225/45R18 V-rated all season tires.

Auto dimming rear view mirror with compass and microphone.

Ford SYNC voice activated communications and entertainment system.

Leather Trimmed seats.

Leather wrapped steering wheel.

Steering wheel mounted cruise and audio controls.

Unique appliques on center stack and dash....

Chrome accented exterior trim.

Dual chrome exhaust tips.

Side rocker moldings.

Sport Tuned suspension.

There could be minor JOB changes as the model year goes on, but that is the JOB 1 equipment list.

And to thepro8 (the OP): Yes, leather seats are standard equipment on the 2010 Fusion SEL. Cloth seats are not available from the factory on the SEL at all. A Dealer can not order an SEL with cloth seats, not even as a delete/option.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck. :beerchug:

My neighbor's 2010 SEL has cloth seats...Don't know what to tell you there other than you're wrong.

The brochure I have as well as Fords website both indicate that leather seating is standard on the SEL.

Maybe that was a Job 1 change or something? Anyway I'd be pizzed to order an SEL only to find it arrive with cloth seating that I didnt expect. Maybe this is a "fleet only" kind of thing (but I doubt it)?

I tend to believe BF is correct as he usually is. Better check your friends car, maybe it's an SE as Leather is optional on the SE model.

Hopefully, my 2010 Ford Fusion I4 SEL will arrive this week. I expect to see leather only on the steering wheel. My sales brochure indicates that leather trimmed seats are an option.This is my first post. Hope that I have hit the correct keys!

Is that an official FORD brochure? If so, what is the catalog number on it?

Is it for a 2010 Fusion?

Or is that something put out by your Company?

I'm betting it is a misprint and non-official FORD brochure as well. No matter where I look it clearly states that leather seating trim is standard on the SEL. If your SEL arrives with Cloth that will be news, BIG News.

Is it for a 2010 Fusion?

I'm betting it is a misprint and non-official FORD brochure as well. No matter where I look it clearly states that leather seating trim is standard on the SEL. If your SEL arrives with Cloth that will be news, BIG News.

Its not a misprint it is because I believe our friend is ordering from Canada like myself. Leather seats are only standard equip on the Sport model, all other models it is an option. Ford has made some changes in what it offers in the USA and CDA, as you are probably aware we can only get the sport in AWD, up here.

I hope this helps.

I should recieve mine SEL soon, and I will be more then happy if it came with leather seats, but I will have to settle for the cloth. I will let you know!

Its not a misprint it is because I believe our friend is ordering from Canada like myself. Leather seats are only standard equip on the Sport model, all other models it is an option. Ford has made some changes in what it offers in the USA and CDA, as you are probably aware we can only get the sport in AWD, up here.

I hope this helps.

I should recieve mine SEL soon, and I will be more then happy if it came with leather seats, but I will have to settle for the cloth. I will let you know!

Well that would help explain things (Canadian versus FORD US). The biggest surprise of all is that BF didn't get this one right as he normally is "right on!" :doh: Tis OK BF, you're still the expert in my book... :shift:

Is it for a 2010 Fusion?

Yes, I am ordering the 2010 Fusion SEL from Edmonton AB. The brochure is Canadian. The Ford Canada website "car build" indicates cloth seats. Have to wonder if there are other differences between USA/Canadian Fusions!!

To be fair, fleet options are normally not advertised or available to the general public. And nobody mentioned Canada.

Right on both accounts. This isn't the first time that differences and questions have appeared only to learn later that the poster was from Canada. Like someone already mentioned, the SPORT is only available in AWD up there in Canada.

Also I remember reading that Ford does not intend to promote their new Taurus to the rental fleets, at least not heavily or with certain limits. I guess they expect high sales without that avenue. Personally, I think the Fusion will outsell the Taurus.