Sign in to follow this  
Spoiltrotten

Very HOT heated seats

Now thats it has gotten cooler, I have turned on heated seats in my Fusion Hybrid. Mine on high seem to be VERY hot, and do not automatically turn off after a period of time. Has anyone else felt their seats on high were too hot?

I have a 2006 Fusion, in which the heated seats are not nearly as hot on high, and do turn off after about 15 minutes.

Now thats it has gotten cooler, I have turned on heated seats in my Fusion Hybrid. Mine on high seem to be VERY hot, and do not automatically turn off after a period of time. Has anyone else felt their seats on high were too hot?

I have a 2006 Fusion, in which the heated seats are not nearly as hot on high, and do turn off after about 15 minutes.

They don't turn off unless you turn them off or turn off the car which resets them. I have found on most heated seats it depends on just how much you weigh and the type of clothes you have on. If I am wearing jeans compared to dress slacks the seats don't seem as warm. Also I have always found in the many makes, models of cars with heated seats for me they were always to hot on high. Now for my wife who weighs less than half of my weight, she doesn't think high is to hot and she wears thinner clothes than me most of the time but I think her lighter weight doesn' press down as far so she doesn't feel the heat. That and I doubt if any 2 people feel the heat at the same rate either. I know, not much help.

I noticed this as well. I had it on high and it got extremely hot. I turned it on low and it was still very hot 5 minutes later. Most of the heat was in the back area as well. The leg and seat area had very minimal heating.

you're right about them not shutting off automatically on the 09's. My 06 did after 15 minutes. My 09 also does get warmer than my 06 as far as I can tell. I'll have to wait until we're in the negative teens to tell for sure though :)

I tend to think the the heated seats in the FFH are hotter than average. They feel very warm

generally. My wife, who loves to use the heated seats in any car in the summer (yea that's right!)

to sooth her back, says they are great - so they must be damn hot.

I myself don't turn those on until it's freezing cold outside.

I tend to think the the heated seats in the FFH are hotter than average. They feel very warm

generally. My wife, who loves to use the heated seats in any car in the summer (yea that's right!)

to sooth her back, says they are great - so they must be damn hot.

I myself don't turn those on until it's freezing cold outside.

I wish they would have made them so you could turn on just the back alone instead of both seat and back

I wish there was an option for the Heated seats to turn on while warming up vehicle. On those negative days, I would like a warm seat, like the 06'F350 that has a toggle switch, on or off.. no multipe push electronic button.