Sign in to follow this  
HarleyJoel

Looking for Front Grill / Radiator Block

I've been looking for someone that sells front grill blocks for winter for my MMH. I made one for my last car but it did leave marks on parts of the grill. The opening is huge and takes in a lot of air that isn't really necessary in the winter. The block would actually be beneficial to the aerodynamics of the car and would retain heat to the ICE which hopefully would cause quicker warm-ups and allow less time that the ICE is on. I'm just looking to cover the top grill and leave the bottom vents open or vice-versa but I'm having no luck finding anyone that sells them. If I continue to have no luck I may have my local canvas guy make me something that I could take on and off easily.

You might want to take a closer look at the grill design of the FFH once you lift the hood. The engine compartment is already pretty well sealed. Venting is almost completely through the radiator. The internal design is different from the other Fusions. I would not block it.

Jon

I've been looking for someone that sells front grill blocks for winter for my MMH. I made one for my last car but it did leave marks on parts of the grill. The opening is huge and takes in a lot of air that isn't really necessary in the winter. The block would actually be beneficial to the aerodynamics of the car and would retain heat to the ICE which hopefully would cause quicker warm-ups and allow less time that the ICE is on. I'm just looking to cover the top grill and leave the bottom vents open or vice-versa but I'm having no luck finding anyone that sells them. If I continue to have no luck I may have my local canvas guy make me something that I could take on and off easily.

I will take a closer look at it and at my fuel economy as the weather gets colder. If I start losing a lot of mpg I'm going to experiment with at least a partial block. If I don't get the intended results I'll abandon the idea.