Sign in to follow this  
fusionse06

2006 fusion se v6 no clock display in radio

I just purchased a 2006 fusion se v6 and can't figure out how to get the time displayed in the radio. According to the owner manual, by pressing the MENU button I should get Set Hours/Set Minutes options, but I don't see this option at all. Any one can help me out with this? Thanks.

Hi fusionse. :D Thinking out loud...well, what are the possibilities? Do you have the single CD or 6 CD changer unit? Does it show the time at all now...even an incorrect time, or is there no time display showing at all?

I just looked up your Owners Manual online and the clock instructions for both the single CD and 6 disc CD head units are the same. Press the "Menu" button until "SET HOURS" or "SET MINUTES "appears in the display. Then press + or - to adjust the time.

So did you press the "Menu" button several times to scroll though all of the options? If you did, then either your head unit is not working properly, or the previous owner switched out the head unit for one that did not have the clock display function programmed in.

Why would this happen, you might ask? Well, the SEL model comes with an analog clock in the upper center stack (where your SE has the "FUSION" logo. On another Fusion Forum, one or two people did not like the analog clock and actually switched out the center stack trim piece. This eliminates the analog clock, but leaves you with a stereo that does not display the time. Maybe the previous owner of your car did something similar?

If currently there is no time being displayed at all and you are following the instructions for setting the time properly, then it is a bad head unit or a non-factory set-up like I described above.

You can bring your car to the Dealership to see if they can fix or reprogram your stereo head unit to properly display the clock. It is not something that is owner serviceable.

Other than that, I am fresh out of ideas at the moment.

Let us know how you make out.

Good luck. :beerchug:

Thanks for your reply. There's no time display at all. I'll bring it to a dealer to have them check it out.

I checked with dealer today and they said the only solution is to replace the radio which is very expensive, there's nothing they can do about the current one. I guess I'll just get a small clock in the car for time.