bkcarner

Vehicle Health Report (VHR) Bug?

So I was just driving along normally and all the sudden on my nav it asks if I want to run a VHR. So I say yes then it attempts to dial out on my phone and fails.

I then go read up on it and found out that I need to go to syncmyride.com and register before it will work. So I do that and run a manual report and everything shows OK.

So a day or 2 later I'm crusing down the road and it prompts me again to run the report, so I say yes and it runs just fine. So I check the report and again nothing wrong.

I only have 1500 miles on the car. Now there's an option to setup automatic reports at 5k 7500 and 10k. I had it set to 5k.

So a few days later it prompts me again to run the report... So at this point I decline and I disable the automatic report since it appears it's buggy?

I'm wondering what is triggering this report? There was no check engine light or anything out of the normal to trigger this report. I believe the last time was braking/slowing down to an intersection when it popped up but again no lights to indicate a problem and the report comes back clean.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

Mine started doing it at 800 miles. It will sometimes ask twice in the same day. The report always shows that everything is ok. Will see what others have to say.

So I was just driving along normally and all the sudden on my nav it asks if I want to run a VHR. So I say yes then it attempts to dial out on my phone and fails.

I then go read up on it and found out that I need to go to syncmyride.com and register before it will work. So I do that and run a manual report and everything shows OK.

So a day or 2 later I'm crusing down the road and it prompts me again to run the report, so I say yes and it runs just fine. So I check the report and again nothing wrong.

I only have 1500 miles on the car. Now there's an option to setup automatic reports at 5k 7500 and 10k. I had it set to 5k.

So a few days later it prompts me again to run the report... So at this point I decline and I disable the automatic report since it appears it's buggy?

I'm wondering what is triggering this report? There was no check engine light or anything out of the normal to trigger this report. I believe the last time was braking/slowing down to an intersection when it popped up but again no lights to indicate a problem and the report comes back clean.

Anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

Mine started doing it at 5000 miles. It seems to do it randomly and has done so at least 5 times in the past 200 miles. It's pretty annoying and quite startling at times.

My service rep says to ignore it, but I'd like to turn it off. I don't have the Sync features connected to my phone.

I have mine set to 5K and it triggered 3 times after the 5K was up (actually at about 5200, just after my oil change). I don't think any of the three actually worked as my phone was not in the car at the time. It has not bothered me since.

Jon

Mine started doing it at 5000 miles. It seems to do it randomly and has done so at least 5 times in the past 200 miles. It's pretty annoying and quite startling at times.

My service rep says to ignore it, but I'd like to turn it off. I don't have the Sync features connected to my phone.

It sounds like a bug in the software. Mine does it periodically at random. One day last week it asked me and so I ran it. Literally 30 seconds after the VHR completed, the message popped up again asking if I wanted to run a VHR. Very aggravating. The message pops up at least a couple times each week and there's never any problem reported when I do run it.

I've started getting this lately (~1200 miles) how to disable ? (SYNC voice saz press "yes" to run VHR, I ((non NAV ((((me)))) have NO "yes" button (((NO bluetooth phone paired up either))) I press media (or whatever) & the VHR prompt goes away for awhile but how to disable permanently ?:sos:

I've started getting this lately (~1200 miles) how to disable ? (SYNC voice saz press "yes" to run VHR, I ((non NAV ((((me)))) have NO "yes" button (((NO bluetooth phone paired up either))) I press media (or whatever) & the VHR prompt goes away for awhile but how to disable permanently ?:sos:

All those parenthesis. Is this some form of LISP program?:)

According to the Sync manual, to turn off automatic reports, press PHONE button, select Settings tab, press Advanced, select VHR, select Automatic Reports, select desired setting.

Another thread says that the Sync 3.1 update helped.

Edited by seamusbleu

unfortunately all the PHONE button does in my case is display the "no phone paired" message on the radio face (see attached pic) there is no settings tab, this isn't to say I give up but the SYNC software (and documentation) seems to be optimized for NAV - I must not be holding my mouth right ((would guess i'm ver 3.0 (not sure) but an update may be in order))

I turned it off in mine, from past posts it looks like I was one of the first to bitch about it here. After I had activated it in my Sport, it asked to run, it did, went through fine, a day or so later it asked again, I said no, and a few minutes later it asked again, and I said no, then the next day it did it again, so finally I just turned the stupid thing off.

Today I disabled bluetooth (per instructions on syncmyride.com) hopefully that will do it (should have done this long ago :cry: