str1der

Well got my order in

Well I got my order in yesterday to beat the Sept. 30 deadline for the $1700 tax credit. Ordered the 502A. Got the Tuxedo Black with the Black leather interior. Dealer says the wait time right now is 4 to 7 weeks. I guess we'll see. Got it using the Xplan pricing for $30026. I've seen some of you talking on the forum about looking your order up on Ford's site to see the status. How do you do this?

If they placed the order properly yesterday (meaning it's verified by Ford), you should have a VIN in approximately 2 weeks. You should be able to look up your window sticker about a week after that.

Well I got my order in yesterday to beat the Sept. 30 deadline for the $1700 tax credit. Ordered the 502A. Got the Tuxedo Black with the Black leather interior. Dealer says the wait time right now is 4 to 7 weeks. I guess we'll see. Got it using the Xplan pricing for $30026. I've seen some of you talking on the forum about looking your order up on Ford's site to see the status. How do you do this?

Best of luck to you and congrats. I placed an order for mine not too long ago and the dealer told me that the wait time is 10-12 weeks. What part of the country do you live in?

Best of luck to you and congrats. I placed an order for mine not too long ago and the dealer told me that the wait time is 10-12 weeks. What part of the country do you live in?

I ordered from Beechmont Ford near Cincinnati Oh.

I ordered from Beechmont Ford near Cincinnati Oh.

LOL

I ordered mine from Northgate Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Kitchin Sink(formerly known as Colerain Ford) over on Colerain Ave very close to Cincinnati.

I chose the light ice blue metallic with light stone interior, 502a, and powerstart remote.

LOL

I ordered mine from Northgate Ford/Lincoln/Mercury/Kitchin Sink(formerly known as Colerain Ford) over on Colerain Ave very close to Cincinnati.

I chose the light ice blue metallic with light stone interior, 502a, and powerstart remote.

Well we're practically neighbors. I actually live over in Independence, Ky. So when did you order yours? If you don't mind me asking what price did you get? I was going to go with the factory remote start but for the money I think I'm going to probably get something from Viper that has an alarm and several other cool features like remote temperature.

Well we're practically neighbors. I actually live over in Independence, Ky. So when did you order yours? If you don't mind me asking what price did you get? I was going to go with the factory remote start but for the money I think I'm going to probably get something from Viper that has an alarm and several other cool features like remote temperature.

I ordered mine on 9/10/09 but for some reason, I didn't get the DORA till 09/23/09. The dealer proved to me by giving me a copy of the screen that showed they submitted it to Ford on 09/10, but they said Ford only verified the order on 09/23. They think it might have something to do with their allocation of Fusion hybrids.

I ordered mine for x-plan price as i've been a Ford shareholder for a few years(don't laugh). Final x-plan price for me with the 502a, heavy duty floormats, and powerstart is $30350 for me.

I went ahead with the remotestart as I would rather have an official Ford part in there as i've seen numerous people have trouble with aftermarket systems on various vehicles. I live right over in Cincinnati itself in a really ghetto ass neighborhood. When going home late at night, hopefully i'll be able to stay under the radar of the local thugs by cruising in EV mode through my neighborhood.

I ordered mine on 9/10/09 but for some reason, I didn't get the DORA till 09/23/09. The dealer proved to me by giving me a copy of the screen that showed they submitted it to Ford on 09/10, but they said Ford only verified the order on 09/23. They think it might have something to do with their allocation of Fusion hybrids.

I ordered mine for x-plan price as i've been a Ford shareholder for a few years(don't laugh). Final x-plan price for me with the 502a, heavy duty floormats, and powerstart is $30350 for me.

I went ahead with the remotestart as I would rather have an official Ford part in there as i've seen numerous people have trouble with aftermarket systems on various vehicles. I live right over in Cincinnati itself in a really ghetto ass neighborhood. When going home late at night, hopefully i'll be able to stay under the radar of the local thugs by cruising in EV mode through my neighborhood.

I work in downtown Cincinnati. That's pretty funny that you'll be driving in "stealth" mode. I have after market remote start on both of our current vehicles and haven't had any issues. Hopefully that trend will continue. Well it looks like the pricing was pretty much dead on, just wanted to double check. Let me know if you hear anything. Obviously there could be differences since I think they only run certain colors on certain days in the plants.

I work in downtown Cincinnati. That's pretty funny that you'll be driving in "stealth" mode. I have after market remote start on both of our current vehicles and haven't had any issues. Hopefully that trend will continue. Well it looks like the pricing was pretty much dead on, just wanted to double check. Let me know if you hear anything. Obviously there could be differences since I think they only run certain colors on certain days in the plants.

Yeah, i'm hoping that the fact I ordered mine with the hybrid specific color isn'g going to delay things too much. It will be funny if yours gets built before mine, although it is possible since the black tuxedo seems to be a very popular color for both hybrids and standard fusions.

Yeah, i'm hoping that the fact I ordered mine with the hybrid specific color isn'g going to delay things too much. It will be funny if yours gets built before mine, although it is possible since the black tuxedo seems to be a very popular color for both hybrids and standard fusions.

Just heard on the news that Black is 16% of all colors on new cars. Shades of silver is first with white second. The black really surprised me as everytime I talk with someone they say I'd never buy a black car cause it is to hard to keep clean. I've had white and black and personally the black is easier as I use a car wash all the time. White picks up every little piece of tar on hot days and your car looks like zits which I have to use tar remover on which takes off the wax. Yes the black car gets them to but no one sees them. Plus after spending a whole afternoon waxing my car it looks like it with black. White, half the time I have a hard time telling where I left off waxing and when I'm done it looks the same.

Just heard on the news that Black is 16% of all colors on new cars. Shades of silver is first with white second. The black really surprised me as everytime I talk with someone they say I'd never buy a black car cause it is to hard to keep clean. I've had white and black and personally the black is easier as I use a car wash all the time. White picks up every little piece of tar on hot days and your car looks like zits which I have to use tar remover on which takes off the wax. Yes the black car gets them to but no one sees them. Plus after spending a whole afternoon waxing my car it looks like it with black. White, half the time I have a hard time telling where I left off waxing and when I'm done it looks the same.

Black is really hot on a summer day, and it also appears to show blemishes very easily if the paint gets damaged versus whtie and silver which don't show paint damage as easily. I did consider the white platinum tri-coat, but wasn't sure what made it special enough to warrant an extra $500. I decided on the light ice blue as it really reminds me of the Suzuka Blue that I had on a Honda S2000 I used to have a long time ago.

Well my dealer sent me a message telling me my build date was the week of 11/2

There is a phone number that only Ford dealers are authorized to use, but it gets out. You will need your order number, body type, dealer code and a good story if you get a real person instead of the automated attendent. The system is updated on Thur. evenings so the dealers can get the latest scheduling Friday mornings. You should really call your dealership on Fridays and ask them to check the status of your build. By tomorrow you should ask them for a copy of your DORA - that is the confirmation from Ford that the order was accepted (verified, etc.) Keep that and your dated purchase order with your tax records.

If you are lucky, you may be scheduled the week of Oct. 19 at the earliest. If there are other earlier orders in the system from this dealership, or a later order gets a higher priority, that will push you back. Check with the dealership on the 16th.

Does anyone have the "body type" mentioned above? Called the FCC and they needed this info which is not on the Vehicle Report Confirmation. Thanks.

Fusion Hybrid body type is P0L ----numeric 0.

Your dealership has better access to status than the Customer Assistance folks. Check on Fridays as the scheduliong system is updated Thur. evenings.

I've put my order in 3 weeks ago, but have not received a confirmation number from my dealer yet. Left them 3 voice mails and 2 emails with no response, plus they have already cashed my $2,000 down payment. I want to make sure they at least got the order in.

Called FCC today and they could not find my order. FCC called the dealership and the sales manager FINALLY gave me a call. He said he was waiting for the FORD bank to pick up the order. Ordered and put a down payment more than 3 weeks ago. He said he will give me a call Monday with more information. The sales manager tried selling me one on the lot, but that did not have the NAV system that I wanted. I bet he never did put the order in. With the holidays coming, probably won't get the car until next year.

Well, the sales manager never called me on Monday, 11/16, like he said he would so I decided to give him a call today. I sent him an email on with the quote from Grey's post above

The dealership has to verify the order is retail (and not a stock order) for Ford's validation group to submit the order to production. Did they fax a copy of your purchase order and driver's license to HQ?

They don't have to wait for Ford to "open up the order bank" unless they were ordering as a stock unit. It's still open allocation. Once the order is validated, they should have a DORA within two business days.

and he replied in an email the next day with a simple "thanx."

I called him today 11/17 and he said "I did the thing you sent me(email) and I should receive a response by tomorrow." It seems to me that I am getting the total run around. At this point I feel like asking for my deposit money back and going elsewhere. Am I obligate to stay with them since they do have my money($2000). I just don't want them to pull something by saying, "Well, the deposit is non-refundable," so I am stuck with them.

Any advice?

Mines in and I'm picking up tomorrow. :happy feet:

Congrats! You are going to be very happy :)