Sign in to follow this  
~<Phushun>~

Tail-light tint

I am in the market to tint my tail lights. I mainly don't like the chrome around the red part. My car being black, the chrome sticks out. I have seen people tint their tail lights black and it doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather lightly smoke them. Just to tone down the chrome. I would like to put a dark tint around just the chrome part and leave the red uncovered. But I feel uneasy about my ability to do so, so maybe a whole light smoke will work.

When I looked around I saw people writing in about how "cling-tint" will destroy the lights. Causing spider cracks and everything else. I want to use that Laminex tint. Will that cause the same damage?

I need something that isn't permanent. I want to have the ability to take the tint off later in time if I choose to. Is this possible without damaging the lights? I'd much appriciate the feedback. Also, where can I find really good tint to do this?

Not really looking to hear about "legal/illegal" side of it.

Thanks!

I am in the market to tint my tail lights. I mainly don't like the chrome around the red part. My car being black, the chrome sticks out. I have seen people tint their tail lights black and it doesn't appeal to me. I'd rather lightly smoke them. Just to tone down the chrome. I would like to put a dark tint around just the chrome part and leave the red uncovered. But I feel uneasy about my ability to do so, so maybe a whole light smoke will work.

When I looked around I saw people writing in about how "cling-tint" will destroy the lights. Causing spider cracks and everything else. I want to use that Laminex tint. Will that cause the same damage?

I need something that isn't permanent. I want to have the ability to take the tint off later in time if I choose to. Is this possible without damaging the lights? I'd much appriciate the feedback. Also, where can I find really good tint to do this?

Not really looking to hear about "legal/illegal" side of it.

Thanks!

Get the vinyl tint. It looks great. the VHT Niteshades is the stuff that cracks in time and looks like crap.

The laminx is good stuff, and removable with a little clean up. The Niteshades is not bad, it requires work to keep it looking good. Most will clear coat over it, and have to re-do it every year or so. Also, it goes on unevenly, so a light coating doesn't always look good.