Sign in to follow this  
vschmidt

Things to do at the dealership when picking up vehicle

My MMH should be arriving at the dealership today or tomorrow, and I'm scrambling to get ready to take delivery. (Even though I've had plenty of time, there always seems to be lots to do at the last minute.)

Over the past four months (!) since I've placed my order, I've been reading all of the various discussions and issues of things the dealer has to adjust of fix.

Would those of you who already have your vehicle please suggest actions I should have my dealer undertake, or things I should make sure to address, before leaving the lot with the vehicle? (I know there has been some mention of certain tech service bulletins, etc.)

Always inspect the car in good daylight, go around it and look for scratches, repairs, bad paint, anything that later on the dealer will try to blame you for. Don't pick up your new vehicle at night, for the same obvious reasons. if the vehicle is backed in somewhere or hard to access, make the dealer move it. (Had that happen years ago because the dealer was hiding a flaw in the paint so he tried to make it hard to see as well.) You really should test drive the car you are taking delivery of too but the inspection is paramount before you sign anything. Make sure you get all of the manuals, owners manual, SYNC, NAV (if purchased) etc. if anything is spotted, get it in writing that it will be taken care of by your dealer. Never do anything by word of mouth or hand shake.

I was wondering the same thing myself, here is what I did, walkaround (was lunchtime salesman was gone, wanted him there in case anything wrong) everything looked good, all manuals, keys, PIN (keyless entry) so then test drive, return to dealership look for any drips (other than from A/C) salesman returns, we finish up paperwork then I drive away happy as can be :)

not to hijack this thread completely but does the FFH have a traditional condenser-equipped air conditioning system ? Never seen mine drip (haven't looked closely for 'the drip')((a/c cools fine))