Sign in to follow this  
cdswebinc

"Add Memo" Feature - How to access list?

I've been using the "Add Memo" feature to "tag" artists and/or songs that I want to look into later. Pretty clever, right? Well, "later" is here and I can't figure out how to get my list of tagged artists and songs out of the system. Any ideas? Thx... Tim

I've been using the "Add Memo" feature to "tag" artists and/or songs that I want to look into later. Pretty clever, right? Well, "later" is here and I can't figure out how to get my list of tagged artists and songs out of the system. Any ideas? Thx... Tim

Read the manual?

I usually try to avoid it but it sounds like your only option.

Straight out of the Nav. Manual:

Memo: The MEMO feature allows you to save a song title and artist to

the system. When the saved song is playing on any satellite radio

channel, the system will alert you with a pop-up in the lower status bar.

You can then choose to tune to the station or to ignore the pop-up.

When you are in the MEMO screen, the following options are available:

• Refresh: Press to refresh the current artist and title information.

• Song Alert: Press to store the song information displayed in the Title

Field. When the stored song is played in the future, an audio and

visual notification will be initiated.

• Artist Alert: Press to store the artist information currently displayed

in the Artist Field. When that artist is played again, the system will

alert you with a pop-up.

• Alert On/Off: Press to enable/disable the audio and visual song and

artists alerts.

Maybe not quite what you thought but sounds like a great feature. Say I like Elvis and tag him. Sounds like no matter which station (I'm guessing only works on Sirius) it will notify me so I can change to that station to hear an Elvis tune. Also sounds like if you pick a certain song it will do the same.

It is a stupid system.

So you can only store 1 song at a time and there is no way to find out what that song is after you saved it. Why it is called MEMO I have no idea. It should be called "song notifier" or something. Either way it is horribly implemented.

So to answer the OP, there is no way to find out and all those artists you have been tagging has been a waste of time because they were overwriting each other.

It is a stupid system.

So you can only store 1 song at a time and there is no way to find out what that song is after you saved it. Why it is called MEMO I have no idea. It should be called "song notifier" or something. Either way it is horribly implemented.

So to answer the OP, there is no way to find out and all those artists you have been tagging has been a waste of time because they were overwriting each other.

Again copied from my earlier post: • Refresh: Press to refresh the current artist and title information. Not the best feature but you could look at it as better than nothing. If it hadn't been included you would have never missed it. I had a SkyFi XM radio that did the samething so I wonder if this isn't a problem at Sirius end and for some reason it can only do one song/artist at a time.