Sign in to follow this  
toyz

Sync w/VZ Navigator - no sound

Sync telephone works well with my new Blackberry Tour. However, when I use the VZ Navigator function on my phone, I cannot get the sound from the navigation program to come from either the Blackberry or the car's speakers. Anyone solved this problem? Newbie needs help. Thanks.

I was also wondering if it’s possible to use VZ Navigator with MS Sync on the FFH. I did a little research (Google) and found out that VZ Navigator can use Bluetooth but on a limited number of receivers. I don’t know what makes it qualified. Apparently Microsoft Sync isn’t one of them. :shrug:

After viewing the Basic Sync Commands list there's one command I need to try. Try saying "Bluetooth Audio" and let me know if it works for you after enabling VZ Navigator on your phone. My Samsung Juke phone is also an MP3 player so it might respond but my wife has the car right now and I'm 200 miles away.

There's a footnote for Navigation Equipped vehicles. From the main menu you must first say, "User Device" to access Sync media functions but you probably wouldn't be using VZ Navigator.

I'm also going to check out the free 3-year subscription to Sync TDI.

The Bluetooth Audio command works with playing my music from the phone. I haven't tried VZ Navigator because I'm not subscribed. I plan to use the SYNC TDI service for free for the next three years. I won't need to see any maps when I'm driving and the phone screen is too small anyway.

Thank you. Using the "Bluetooth Audio" command works and VZ Navigator comes through the car's speakers.