Sign in to follow this  
wstcoaster07

When should ford be taking my deposit?

I got my VIN finally about 2 weeks ago but my sticker has yet to appear online. Today I started to realize that they haven't even taken my $500.00 deposit from my credit card that I gave them way back in June when I put the order in. Is this normal? For people who have VIN's and stickers, or even a car, do you recall when they actually took the deposit from your account?

I got my VIN finally about 2 weeks ago but my sticker has yet to appear online. Today I started to realize that they haven't even taken my $500.00 deposit from my credit card that I gave them way back in June when I put the order in. Is this normal? For people who have VIN's and stickers, or even a car, do you recall when they actually took the deposit from your account?

When I ordered mine, the dealer held the check and never cashed it, finance guy handed it back to me to tear up and I wrote him a check for the full amount at delivery. I believe the policy will vary dealer by dealer, but your situation seems to be the same as mine was.

When I ordered mine, the dealer held the check and never cashed it, finance guy handed it back to me to tear up and I wrote him a check for the full amount. I believe the policy will vary dealer by dealer, but your situation seems to be the same as mine was.

I don't really know my dealers way of doing this as it is the first time I have dealt with them but I told him to make sure they took my $500 deposit from my CC as I wanted more proof that I had ordered my Hybrid before the 9/30 deadline for the $1700 tax credit. And he did.

My dealer took a $2000 deposit from me. Interestingly, they did not cash it until they provided me a VIN and a build date.

Thanks for all of the quick replies everyone. I am a bit more confident about my order after just speaking with a FCC rep who told me it was scheduled to be built 07SEP-14SEP with a scheduled delivery date of 21SEP-28SEP

Crossing my fingers this is correct.