srstang

2010 with Headliner rough edge

Guys, I am new to this forum, as I just got a new 10 SEL 4cyl. I noticed that the very front edge of the headliner looks rough, like the fabric is separating from the foam/board backer... It almost looks like spots where someone handled the headliner and they weren't careful when installing at the factory...

If you have a 2010 lean forward while sitting in the front seat and see if yours looks like this too... This is something that bothers me, but I fear the dealer will do more damage than it is worth to fix...

Thanks!

Yep, that's how they are making stuff these days. Mine's the same way. There probably should be a molding on that edge, but that would add cost. So, by design, Ford saved a buck or so by leaving it off. Do that in 1000 places, that $1000 per car that Ford can save. Although I don't see the prices coming down, even with Mexican labor!

Yep, that's how they are making stuff these days. Mine's the same way. There probably should be a molding on that edge, but that would add cost. So, by design, Ford saved a buck or so by leaving it off. Do that in 1000 places, that $1000 per car that Ford can save. Although I don't see the prices coming down, even with Mexican labor!

Remember the Chrysler "K" car?

4 lugnuts instead of 5 per wheel, thats a savings of 4 nuts and 4 studs!

Unfortunately, mine is the same way. After noticing this I checked out my wife's '06 Altima and the front edge of her headliner is also unfinished but it curves up toward the windshield, which makes it a lot harder to see without looking for it.

yup right i agree with you its really bother me too . but what should we do i love it too . its my favorite car dear

so i just love it

Edited by shubhinetwork