Thai

2010 Ford Fusion Sony vs. Toyota Camry JBL

Hey all,

I am currently in the market for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid vs. 2010 Toyota Camry. I have not heard the Sony system in the Fusion, but i have heard the JBL system in the Camry. I found the JBL system to be really good (surprisinly so!). The stereo is very balanced with pretty good staging and imaging. So, how does the Sony system sound?? Has anyone compared the two systems??

Thanks in advance.

Hey all,

I am currently in the market for a 2010 Ford Fusion Hybrid vs. 2010 Toyota Camry. I have not heard the Sony system in the Fusion, but i have heard the JBL system in the Camry. I found the JBL system to be really good (surprisinly so!). The stereo is very balanced with pretty good staging and imaging. So, how does the Sony system sound?? Has anyone compared the two systems??

Thanks in advance.

I've not heard the Camry but I have driven 2 FFH and a MMH with the Sony and it sounds great. Of course this is a hard thing to compare as what sounds good to you may sound bad to me. The Fusion with Sony has 12 speakers (look at the picture the whole back window area is nothing but speakers) 2 amps which I found surprising and like I said geat sound. I guess in my way of thinking is I compare the things that matter which means I can replace like engines, trannys miles per gal. etc. where if bottom line I end up not liking the sound system it may be that a simple change to some aftermarket speakers will fix my problem but I can't very well start changing out the mechanicals of the vehicle. Everyone says the Fusion has it hands over the Camry in almost every department so since you are asked I just this past week ordered the FFH with the 502A package. So there you have it, my vote. Ans since I live in Mich. and our state has problems I felt I should help out Mich. as Ford pays a whole lot more taxes to Mi. since they are home bases here plus numberous factories etc. than Toyota does. Toyota outside of their dealers does nothing to help Mich. so I have to help me and my neighbors first.

I've not heard the Camry but I have driven 2 FFH and a MMH with the Sony and it sounds great. Of course this is a hard thing to compare as what sounds good to you may sound bad to me. The Fusion with Sony has 12 speakers (look at the picture the whole back window area is nothing but speakers) 2 amps which I found surprising and like I said geat sound. I guess in my way of thinking is I compare the things that matter which means I can replace like engines, trannys miles per gal. etc. where if bottom line I end up not liking the sound system it may be that a simple change to some aftermarket speakers will fix my problem but I can't very well start changing out the mechanicals of the vehicle. Everyone says the Fusion has it hands over the Camry in almost every department so since you are asked I just this past week ordered the FFH with the 502A package. So there you have it, my vote. Ans since I live in Mich. and our state has problems I felt I should help out Mich. as Ford pays a whole lot more taxes to Mi. since they are home bases here plus numberous factories etc. than Toyota does. Toyota outside of their dealers does nothing to help Mich. so I have to help me and my neighbors first.

Thanks a lot for your input. Yup, i would get 502A too, along with leather seating (i have one infant and one toddler). I have a Garmin Nuvi 775t for navigation.

Keep the input coming please...in addition, please tell me how satisfied you are with the Sony system.

BTW, is there anywhere i can look at the Sony system in detail?

Thanks a lot for your input. Yup, i would get 502A too, along with leather seating (i have one infant and one toddler). I have a Garmin Nuvi 775t for navigation.

Keep the input coming please...in addition, please tell me how satisfied you are with the Sony system.

BTW, is there anywhere i can look at the Sony system in detail?

Only place I know of is your local Ford dealer and he may not have any if he is like the dealers I looked at. They were all drained of cars due to the clunker program.

Hey all,

Thanks in advance.

Wow small world.. I have lurked on t4r.org for 3 years. I even rock the sticker on the back of my 4runner.

Any who..

I think over all the ms sync/sony system is much better than the jbl in my 4runner. I didn't spend a ton of time with the system in the Camry because I felt like the fusion was more "upscale".

i have no idea if that helps