Sign in to follow this  
pacsai

Oh, the humanity!

Greetings,

On my way home, 1,023 miles on my much loved FFH (only had it a week), dark road, out of the gloom looms a derelict muffler in my lane, can't slow enough or swerve, run it over.... Damaged front bumper, fender, liner and bleeding brake fluid, can't drive it any farther, need a tow! Oh, man; my wife hasn't even seen the car yet! Should take a week to fix.

Bummer.

Greetings,

On my way home, 1,023 miles on my much loved FFH (only had it a week), dark road, out of the gloom looms a derelict muffler in my lane, can't slow enough or swerve, run it over.... Damaged front bumper, fender, liner and bleeding brake fluid, can't drive it any farther, need a tow! Oh, man; my wife hasn't even seen the car yet! Should take a week to fix.

Bummer.

Reminds me of my new Buick Regal years back. Car didn't have 100 miles on the ODO and the morning after getting it I was entering a highway at the end of the ramp when a tractor trailer shed a tire and all that steel embedded heavy rubber shrapnel flew across all the lanes and under my brand new car. It damaged the front bumper cover and ripped out the exhaust, catalytic converter and muffler in a flash. Car was drivable but sounded like a bomb. Stuff happens. Dont worry, yours can also be fixed too.

Greetings,

Bummer.

I’m still crying for you. Best of luck with the shop. Let us know how the repairs go.

I had a similar encounter with a large piece of semi-truck tire carcass in my previous car. Destroyed the front bumper cover, rt. headlight module, fog lamp, and a few scuff marks on the hood/side fender.

The repair shop did a nice job mechanically, but the paint began to flake off the bumper cover within a year or so. My guess is the paint-prep to the factory-provided item was poor.

Greetings,

Just got my FFH back from the Dealer Body Shop. Took a little longer than planned, but I did advise them that they should take the time to perform the repairs correctly the first time, so I didn't really mind. They did a terrific job! Everything is back to brand new with NO evidence of any damage or repair; paint matches perfectly (tri-coat).

I've given so many tours of the car, I could start charging admission. The car rental guy just had to check it out and he loved it too! :happy feet:

Happy to be back to silent cruising. :shift:

Bummer dude...I hit a coyote once and it took out the radiator AND the oil pan. It was a crappy Chevy I borrowed, but have to wonder what that thing was made out of still.

A few hours after I read this post last Friday my one month old FFH moving at 65mph had a rude meeting with an airborne chunk of tractor trailer tire tread. It caused $550 damage to the lower plastic grill pieces and a small dent in the bumper.

The weird part was the pickup truck I was traveling behind hit the same piece of tire twice, two miles apart. It started when I was behind that small pickup truck when we were both slowed down by a tractor trailer wanting to pass slower tractor trailers. After I had my chance to pass that small pickup I subsequently hit a bump in the highway that dislodged that chunk of tire as it was taking a ride in my grill. :bike:

Sporty,

Glad to hear the damage was not too extensive. I hope your repair experience is good and the car ends up looking like new again! Now, I'm actually looking for excuses to drive this car!

Cheers,

Kim