DaveM

We Just Ordered New FFH

Talked with our local Ford dealer this afternoon and went a head and ordered the Fusion Hybrid with the 502A package. Got it for invoice of $29511.01 plus taxes etc. We didn't want it until Dec. but wanted to order it before Sept 30th to get the $1700 tax credit. Plus the dealer seems to think with all the Cash for Clunkers most dealers including him don't even have any Fusions left so figure it will take at least 10 weeks or maybe longer. So now the wait begins.

Talked with our local Ford dealer this afternoon and went a head and ordered the Fusion Hybrid with the 502A package. Got it for invoice of $29511.01 plus taxes etc. We didn't want it until Dec. but wanted to order it before Sept 30th to get the $1700 tax credit. Plus the dealer seems to think with all the Cash for Clunkers most dealers including him don't even have any Fusions left so figure it will take at least 10 weeks or maybe longer. So now the wait begins.

That will be a nice holiday season treat and a great way to start the new year!! What colors did you order? Good choice with the 502A---I can't imagine not having the complete system in an FFH. The package has a deep discount as well. I shopped around quite a bit for mine and it was funny to see that dealers had ordered some cars with the options separately which jumped the price by and extra 1k+. I'd hate to be the salesman that had to explain that two identical cars had different sticker prices. I'm sure they could come up with some tall-tale though.

Welcome!!

That will be a nice holiday season treat and a great way to start the new year!! What colors did you order? Good choice with the 502A---I can't imagine not having the complete system in an FFH. The package has a deep discount as well. I shopped around quite a bit for mine and it was funny to see that dealers had ordered some cars with the options separately which jumped the price by and extra 1k+. I'd hate to be the salesman that had to explain that two identical cars had different sticker prices. I'm sure they could come up with some tall-tale though.

Welcome!!

=================

Black outside and black leather inside. Thinking about adding the stripe they show in the propaganda book. They have a blk stripe on silver car. I have black car so would order silver stripe.

=================

Black outside and black leather inside. Thinking about adding the stripe they show in the propaganda book. They have a blk stripe on silver car. I have black car so would order silver stripe.

If you get the stripe, please post some pics of it after its on the car. Congrats by the way!

I'm thinking of a Black on Black Sport.

They had a 2010 Taurus Limited (I think it is called) on the floor. It was Black w/black leather and a sticker of $32K If I was buying instead of the wife I'd have had to think long and hard. It was beautiful. You may want to rethink the Sport.

===============

If you get the stripe, please post some pics of it after its on the car. Congrats by the way!

I'm thinking of a Black on Black Sport.

That is going to be my problem as well... deciding between the Fusion and Taurus. I can't help but to believe the Taurus will be more comfortable.

I was told by my dealer that Ford and Mazda worked together on the Fusion, while Ford and Volvo worked together on the Taurus.

It is good to see that the Hybrid can be purchased at invoice. My dealer seemed to indicate it would be possible.

That is going to be my problem as well... deciding between the Fusion and Taurus. I can't help but to believe the Taurus will be more comfortable.

I was told by my dealer that Ford and Mazda worked together on the Fusion, while Ford and Volvo worked together on the Taurus.

It is good to see that the Hybrid can be purchased at invoice. My dealer seemed to indicate it would be possible.

You will find the Taurus a bigger than the Fusion but the one of the floor had about 18 and 27 for the mpg. Not bad for a non hybrid of this size.