vschmidt

Snapshot of reported order-to-delivery history

I tried calling the dealer today and asked him to fax over a copy of the DORA and the VIN if available. After more than two hours with no response, I tried calling FCC. The woman was very helpful and was surprised that I didn't at least have an order number. She called the dealer to get it and the body style code. She couldn't tell me when the order was placed or verified, but I suspect the dealer didn't get the order in very quickly.

My order is currently waiting to be scheduled and there was no ETA or VIN yet. Two weeks ago the dealer said the car was in production and should arrive in two or three weeks. I was skeptical at the time since he also said he didn't have a VIN. I'm still debating whether to go elsewhere or not, but given that I am getting X Plan pricing, I would probably have to place a new order with another dealer to get the same price.

Much to my complete astonishment, my dealer called me on Wednesday 2 Sept, only 2 days after he said he'd call right back (I didn't expect a call at all).

He said my car was "in transit" and provided me a rail car number, which I proceeded to trace. (The post linked here outlines my experience so far, for those wanting to trace their vehicle "in transit" : http://www.fordfusionforum.com/index.php?showtopic=2404)

My new ETA is now 9 Sept to the dealer, vs. 14 (or even 21) September.

I guess this means wstcoaster07 and I are in a tight race, or maybe even a tie, for reported longest order-to-delivery on these vehicles.

How can you see my window sticker? Even I cant view it haha. Am I typing in the wrong link?

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L36AR211696

Sorry about that, I must have looked at the wrong link earlier in my enthusiasm that maybe your car was online, too. :gang: (I suppose this drops my karma.)

Another milestone is reached... My sticker now shows up online: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...ADP0L36AR211696

-Didn't realize rear side crash was only 4 stars.

-Makes me happy to see MSRP of 32640 when I am under contract for 29925

-I know this has been asked before but not sure what the general consensus was.. the date in one of the bottom boxes is 09/01/09.. do you think it was built that day or being built this week like FCC stated?

the date in one of the bottom boxes is 09/01/09.. do you think it was built that day or being built this week like FCC stated?

The date "inside" of the box seems to be the date the sticker is finalized. (No more mods to the stuff included on the car; in fact, they may well freeze the features you ordered even sooner, but certainly no changes after this date.)

The date "outside" of the box on the bottom of the page is simply the date the PDF of the sticker is generated for you, normally the current day or the day before.

Neither of these are the build dates. The sticker _does not_ seem to include any build date.

-I know this has been asked before but not sure what the general consensus was.. the date in one of the bottom boxes is 09/01/09.. do you think it was built that day or being built this week like FCC stated?

I believe it was the date that the build was set in their production system, but not the date it was produced, at least in the case of my car (where the sticker date is 6/9/09) and here is why:

I talked with my salesman on Saturday June 13th, he told me that he checked their system and the car was to be built the following week, which was the week starting 15 June. As of that day it had been 3 weeks and 1 day, I thought it was pretty quick.

After I got the car on 1 July and looked under the hood, one of my headlight housings has a dated sticker of 6/12/09 on it, and the other has 6/15/09 on it. If the car was built on 6/9/09 these components were produced/received 3 and 6 days later???

I then started messing with the Sync system and getting into that stuff, found that the date of system activation on the system info screen was 6/17/09. So I put my money on this date, as it seems the only logical date where the other components would be available and the stereo would be activated/checked as part of the normal QC process.

Again, when I took delivery on 7/1/09, the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO) said the car was produced on 6/9/09. Unless it took 8 days to build my car (I don't know how long it takes but I doubt they can fit 8 days worth of production under on roof, IMHO), I think the 6/9/09 was the date the order was scheduled and ordered into the production line. Perhaps this date is where the feeder systems schedule their orders to have the interior, wheels, glass, tires, engine, battery, headlight housings, other components, etc etc etc all set into motion so they all meet up at the assembly line at the correct time to be installed, and so this date is when the various wheels are all set in motion, so to speak.

So using this same logic (again this is just a guess, there was someone here that worked on the line for many years, we need that guy to chime in), if your sticker said 9/1/09 I think your car will be built this week sometime.

Something else I just noticed... looks like they have the new price point in there as a base price. I assume I this will not be an issue as I signed a contract for the order months ago. Looks like the dealer will have to eat the difference. They better not try to pitch a fit over it.

Something else I just noticed... looks like they have the new price point in there as a base price. I assume I this will not be an issue as I signed a contract for the order months ago. Looks like the dealer will have to eat the difference. They better not try to pitch a fit over it.

Read your contract. Some if not all allow for that very thing.

Read your contract. Some if not all allow for that very thing.

Allow for the price to increase without it affecting me right? My "contract" is simply a order paper that has the contract date, customer name, order#, price, fees, tax and final balance. My assumption is that since it says cash price of 29,925.00 (minus fees/tax) and that is what I signed my name to pay, that is all I am obligated to pay even if Ford raised the price 1k before mine was verified.

Allow for the price to increase without it affecting me right? My "contract" is simply a order paper that has the contract date, customer name, order#, price, fees, tax and final balance. My assumption is that since it says cash price of 29,925.00 (minus fees/tax) and that is what I signed my name to pay, that is all I am obligated to pay even if Ford raised the price 1k before mine was verified.

The big question is Do you have the dealers signature also on that contract?

The big question is Do you have the dealers signature also on that contract?

No but I saw my folder when I was in last time and they have all the same paperwork. I do not foresee them trying to make up fake paperwork and telling me I do not have their signature.

My MMH arrived at the dealership yesterday (9/9/09) morning around 10am. I was there just after 5pm to pick it up, and by 8pm I was driving it home. [Week 16 for me, waited 15.5 weeks from order to arrival.]

The very young guy prepping the vehicle said that he used to work for Infinity, and he doesn't see why anyone would by one of those when they could have a luxury car like this one instead. (I never really thought of the MMH as a "luxury car," but I have to admit, it is a downright impressive vehicle!) This is my first new car -- tuxedo black, rapid spec, and NAV.

First impressions: the build quality is excellent, and the ride is very comfortable. It will take a while to get used to the NAV system and all of the menus. I didn't even get to play with any of it yet, and it was dark when I got home, so my wife has not really been able to get a good look, and she didn't want to drive it last night as we went to pick up my Grand Am where I had left it earlier. (A co-worker dropped my 7-year-old daughter and I off at the dealership; she was very impressed, and said it was a much nicer car than the Grand Am -- go figure. Photo attached. Ever see a 7-year-old sit quietly for nearly 3 hours and read and do homework? To my amazement and her credit, this one did!)

The actual purchase process went very smoothly, although it seemed long. That did include a good test drive, since I had never even driven one of these before yesterday. As expected, I caught the 025 price level on my sales invoice, even though I ordered at 020. (That was adjusted back to 020 again.)

I have decided to take the vehicle to Ziebart (my appointment is today) to get the full rustproofing job done. When the MMH comes home today, maybe I'll have a little time to play.

Even those who have gone through the documentation thoroughly will not be prepared for the gizmos and toys on their new rides. Before the car arrived, I read all of the manuals (twice! three times for some) in electronic form, so I was ready to hop into the cockpit when this arrived. Or so I thought. First gaffe, right at the dealership as we were getting ready for a test drive: even though I knew better, I was surprised when I turned the key for the very first time and _nothing happened_. That is, everything that was supposed to happen did, but the engine (ICE) didn't start. Then I had to laugh. This will take some getting used to.

My plan is to purchase the max ESP I can get, probably with the $50 deductible. In part, because the price is very, very (very) good. My dealer offered me an unbeatable rate because of the grief we've had over this order, but made me promise not to advertise the price. I would not have hesitated to purchase the same plan online as discussed on the other threads, though.

Looking forward to driving this car regularly ASAP (it had 10 miles on the odometer when delivered to me). For those who are waiting: it should be a great purchase for you!

post-4364-1252577687_thumb.jpg

The car looks great. As I am sure you were leading up to the arrival, I find myself more and more impatient now that I know the car is just around the corner. I figure I will give FCC a call tomorrow to see if mine is listed as "in transit" yet in order to get a rail number. (Was supposed to be built this week)

I've got a quick question for those in the know: how do you get in touch with FCC (i.e., what's their phone #)?

I ordered our car on 8 August, got a confirmation #, and confirmed that the order was in the system.

A couple of days ago the dealer said the projected delivery date was 21 Sept, so I'm

getting antsy and want to get more detail. :)

1-800-392-3673

opt 1

opt 5

opt 2

opt 2

THANKS! Just got my VIN #, and confirmation that it's set to arrive 21 Sept, which would be ~6 weeks order to delivery on a base FFH.

Got a call today from my salesman stating that they got the invoice paperwork today and the car should be delivered next week hopefully. How knows, but keeping the fingers crossed. Will call FCC tomorrow to see if they have a rail number (salesman sounded baffled when I asked for it so I dropped it)

Well, I guess you can add me to the list. I just ordered today a fully loaded ice blue metallic Fusion Hybrid. I went to several Ford dealers in the area and only one was willing to order me one on the x-plan. I always thought my Ford stock was worthless, but it proved me wrong here. I am replacing my 06 Chevy Trailblazer SS which is significantly modded and likely producing over 500+hp at the crank.

Talked to FCC today and was informed that my car has finished production. So, I asked if it was in transit yet and was surprised to be told it was scheduled to ship on the 21st for an arrival of the 28th. 10 days before they are going to ship the car? I really hope that this is incorrect and a VERY conservative guess instead of an exact scheduled shipping date.

I talked to FCC today, 9 weeks after placing my order for a MMH, and they said that my order is still waiting to be scheduled. So I still don't have a VIN or a DORA. I'm heading to the dealer now to try to get the DORA and a signed agreement on the X-Plan price. If I can't get either, I'll be cancelling the order and shopping for a FFH.

My concern at this point isn't Ford and the delay, it's my growing distrust of the dealer since I suspect he didn't get the order in on time which caused the delay and prevented me from using C4C. I'm also afraid that I won't get anything in writing from him to show the order before 9/30 or that he will try to change the price on me when it arrives after 9/30 knowing that I'll lose out on $850 and wouldn't want to wait to order elsewhere. At this point, I could probably order a similar FFH and get it close to the same time as the MMH since they don't seem to be building many Milans.

I talked to FCC today, 9 weeks after placing my order for a MMH, and they said that my order is still waiting to be scheduled. So I still don't have a VIN or a DORA. I'm heading to the dealer now to try to get the DORA and a signed agreement on the X-Plan price. If I can't get either, I'll be cancelling the order and shopping for a FFH.

My concern at this point isn't Ford and the delay, it's my growing distrust of the dealer since I suspect he didn't get the order in on time which caused the delay and prevented me from using C4C. I'm also afraid that I won't get anything in writing from him to show the order before 9/30 or that he will try to change the price on me when it arrives after 9/30 knowing that I'll lose out on $850 and wouldn't want to wait to order elsewhere. At this point, I could probably order a similar FFH and get it close to the same time as the MMH since they don't seem to be building many Milans.

I will tell you right now that my vote is they screwed up something. There is nobody here (I think) who did not get a vin within the first couple weeks that did not find out later somethign went screwy. I would go in there and ask for printed out confirmations and verifications from ford that everything is in place.

When they finally admitted and told me something went wrong and that they had to resubmit the order I had a VIN within 2 weeks (seems to be the standard wait for a correct order)