Sign in to follow this  
natgas

2010 SEL aftermarket nav?

I have the 2010 SEL without factory NAV and have been looking for some aftermarket navigation unit with no luck. Seems no one has the appropriate faceplates for the 2010.

I might have to go factory NAV but would much prefer one of the aftermarket units. NE1 had any luck finding something? Thanks

I doubt you'll find anything soon. If you want to replace the stock radio with an aftermarket one, yer looking at a whole new center dash cover. I've seen them for the previous gen Mazda 6. It seems more trouble than it's worth. By the time it's all said and done, the cost difference won't be that far apart. Unless you are planning on expanding your audio system, ie. amp with subs, just go with the factory nav. I love mine with the Premium Sony Sound System.

While I've never had a car with built in nav, I prefer the versatilitay and transportability of a hand-held GPS. You can put it in any car you drive, you can update and add/edit points of interest (POI's) on your computer, etc. I do have a coworker who installed a nav unit in his truck, and he's disappointed with it, mostly due to the things I just mentioned. Just get a friction mount and you can set it on the dash. They make some good looking ones now. The only hassle is the power cord.