smr2112

iPhone - Low Volume on Bluetooth

Just linked up my iPhone with SYNC and works great...but...

The phone volume and outbound ring volume is VERY LOW.

No make that, almost unhearable, unless I turn the volume all the way

up and this is while not moving.

The bluetooth stereo volume is fine and sounds great. This

must be something in the Handsfree profile I'd guess.

I have an iPhone 3G with 3.0.1 software. I have to try

my wife's 3GS - but curious if anybody knows about and

has solved this problem?

I am sure if I use a Windows Mobile phone, it works great ;-)

Hopefully it's not a ploy. My iPhone is on order and hopefully I don't have this problem also. I will keep you posted though.

Hopefully it's not a ploy. My iPhone is on order and hopefully I don't have this problem also. I will keep you posted though.

I haven't tried it just yet as the car is only 2 days old. But worth deleting and re-adding the phone/Sync and

if that doesn't work, doing a full reset.

Had some flakeiness in my wife's Mercedes and Apple told me from store to do this. When I deleted the phone

and readded it worked. But they told me to do a reset and if that doesn't work a full restore. She had a new 3GS

and it still had the old settings from the 3G that transfered over.

This seems to be a semi-common issue with the iPhone, but before I toss it (I have a 3G, not 3GS) I will

play a bit. BT can just be weird sometimes. I also am using OS 3.0.1 on the phone.

Other Fusion Forums discuss this same problem with phones other than iPhone. They recommend adjusting the volume on the phone to a higher level. I've done that on my iPhone, but haven't had a chance to test it out in the car.

Other Fusion Forums discuss this same problem with phones other than iPhone. They recommend adjusting the volume on the phone to a higher level. I've done that on my iPhone, but haven't had a chance to test it out in the car.

It doesn't matter what the phone brand is. You need to turn your phone up to max volume (same with the ringer too) and then you can control the volume via SNYC. Otherwise you have two volume controls that counteract each other so if one is set to say 1/2 then the most you will ever get through the speakers is 1/2 output. The phone feeds SYNC so that should be set to highest volume as the input device.

Update on my iPhone and my Sync. My iPhone works as good as my LG VU did.