WPWoodJr

SMR did you get your car?

Yes, Steve got his car...but not without a little bit of arm wrestling with the dealer

at the end over my trade and x-plan fees. I realized as I was doing the paperwork,

that the owners of the dealership were at the root of the problems. Even nice salesguy

came back to me (after he had to have them change one fee on the official bill of sale),

and muttered ... "they really can be a-holes about things sometimes and I have to learn

how to pick my battles with him". We both laughed and finished things up. The dealership

has been nuts because of C/F/C - cleared the lots at many dealerships. They told

me they have suspended any new sales under C/F/C because after a few weeks, govt owes

them $100k+ - they want their money! - my heart bleeds for them. Good for everybody

was my feeling. I saw many people picking up cars over the past few weeks.

It all worked out fine and delivery went smooth. Order to delivery period was exactly

8 weeks to the hour! I highly encourage anybody considering this car (or another Ford),

go buy under x-plan, there are a few ways to do it and I'll be glad to help anyone who asks.

Really very painless and empowering to do. In calling around at first, I only found one

dealership who said they would not sell me a FFH on their lot under x-plan and of course

they would all take an order using x-plan. A sale is a sale, right?

Drove the car home in the rain and the dark at 9pm, but I am only 3 miles from the dealer.

Put the mexican made FFH in my garage next to my wife's mexican made VW beetle...

I swear I heard them speaking spanish :hysterical: ! What cars are made in the US any more?

Oh right, he korean ones, the japanese ones, the german ones...

Car really feels like a tank to me, I am very impressed with how it feels overall and build

quality - it's a nice surprise. There is for sure alot to learn, and even being a professionally

paid geek, I am somewhat overwhelmed with technology - certainly true here. But confident

I made a good decision.

Do FFH owners have a "magic wave" when they see each other on the road? If you

ever saw Larry David's comment in Curb Your Enthusiasm about other Prius owners.

We have a special bond.