Sign in to follow this  
DrewBear

External Temperature on 2010 SE model

I did not think it would bother me as much as it has about not having the external temperature display in my SE model Fusion. I have tried to do some research and have recieved a few suggestions about how to get the external temp in my vehicle. One was installing a special mirror that ford offers in my car. However after a little bit of research. I wanted to share this and some other thoughts that I have found in regards to the problem.

I am going to quote directly from fordaccessoriesstore.com about the Electrochromic mirror w/ Compass w/Homelink, w/Temp. Display Part Number: 4L3Z-17700-B that was suggested as a possible option for S and SE owner who want external temp.

"Ease the discomfort of headlamp glare: This mirror automatically dims when glare is detected. It comes with a built-in compass and exterior temperature display. The HomeLink® function has a wireless control feature that allows you to activate home lighting, open garage doors, disarm security systems and communicate with any radio-frequency-controlled home device – all from the comfort of your vehicle. Dealer installation recommended. Some restrictions may apply. “Not applicable on vehicles equipped with Ford SYNC® or the factory-installed, interior compass mirror.”

So as it turns out this is not an option for those with the sync system. :banghead: Here is another observaion I have made about the situation that was brought to my attention while traveling this week for work and makes me think that having the temp display where the SEL and Sport have it is possible.

I was on a business trip in Houston, and as for my rental car it was a brand new Ford Escape XLT. I happened to notice a few similarities in regards to the center stack and radio display within the vehicle. To my naked eye the center stack (radio/climate controls/etc.) look identical to the one in my 2010 fusion except for a few cosmetic differences. The climate control was manual and the radio display was located a little higher on the dash but looked to be the same screen. The compass was in the same location as my fusions, however, (again I point out manual climate control because this has been told to me as to the reason i don't have a external temp display) it displayed the external temperature. That is why it would make me think that we would have all the components in place to have the temperature displayed w/o needing automatic climate control. Maybe a simple sensor needs to be added.

I stress these are my very simple observations, I would not bet against other factors playing a role in making this harder than it would seem. But again as I sat in the Escape with what virtually seemed to be the same center stack set up with manual climate control and showing an external temp., if nothing else, it gave me just a little hope that maybe it could be possible on my Fusion SE.

Any expert input would be extremely welcome!!!

-Drew in Indiana

Hello there, I work for Ford Climate supplier for the 2010 Fusion, MKZ and Milan models and trust me, it is not possible to get OAT (outside ambient temperature) display just because the climate control head is not designed to (no sensor connector or SW exists on this model), the only sensor this climate module have is EVAP (evaporator sensor located inside the HEBA) in order to avoid any HEBA freezing to occur.

hey alex (or anyone) why no homelink in the 2010 Fusion SEL or hybrid ?

I have an '08 SEL and just got it. The Ext Temp Display reads about 5 degrees high. Is there a way to adjust this or should I go back to Ford with this issue. My experience has been that American car makers are fairly accurate with this. My previous Honda was all over the place like this one..

Thanx..