smr2112

Trunk Mat Question

Did anybody happen to buy the Ford rubber trunk mat for the FFH?

They list this, but one question - does it fit with the battery? Despite

what is listed, I can't assume anything that fits the 2009 will also fit

the FFH. So I ask here...

Or has anybody gotten the Weathertech trunk mat. Same question -

does it fit?

I got one response for part - does it fit 2010 FFH with Battery

From www.forddirectonline.com

Cargo Accessories Click for larger image Cargo Accessories Cargo Area Protector. Black. Fit Years 2007 - 2009. Durable, lightweight polyethylene tray is molded to the contours of your vehicle. Raised lip helps contain spills. Available in black only. Installs and removes easily without tools. Part Number: 7E5Z-6111600-AA Regular Price: $87.68

Answer:

Unfortunately no, and I dont see a listing for the Hybrid version just yet... Great car though! Robbie

------------

This is going to be a recurring theme I figure. Oh well.

While Ford does not make the trunk tray/mat for the FFH (or may other accessories, grrr), I found

a few alternatives that I am good with. May interest others. And price is reasonable.

Lloyd Mats (www.lloydmats.com) and Hexomat both make a rubberized mat that exactly fits

the FFH trunk and allows for the battery placement. I got these patters from AutoUpgrade.net

after many e-mails - thanks Dan. I wanted to be 100% sure they accommodate the battery

placement - most don't.

These few places sell those mats and the price is reasonable. I ordered a Rubbertite (Lloyds) mat

for my wife's VW to see the thickness and quality and if OK, I'll order one for the FFH. At least

for these two manufacturers, they acknowledge 'Hybrid' at checkout. Not sure if gray or black

would be better for the FFH, so I will wait until I have the car in a few weeks.

http://www.autoupgrade.net

http://www.autoanything.net

Look under "Cargo Mats"

In the attached template, I don't see any special cutout, but it does say Hybrid on it, so that's

good enough for me. If I have any issue at all, they will have to take it back, that's what I wanted

to be sure of.

While Ford does not make the trunk tray/mat for the FFH (or may other accessories, grrr), I found

a few alternatives that I am good with. May interest others. And price is reasonable.

Lloyd Mats (www.lloydmats.com) and Hexomat both make a rubberized mat that exactly fits

the FFH trunk and allows for the battery placement. I got these patters from AutoUpgrade.net

after many e-mails - thanks Dan. I wanted to be 100% sure they accommodate the battery

placement - most don't.

These few places sell those mats and the price is reasonable. I ordered a Rubbertite (Lloyds) mat

for my wife's VW to see the thickness and quality and if OK, I'll order one for the FFH. At least

for these two manufacturers, they acknowledge 'Hybrid' at checkout. Not sure if gray or black

would be better for the FFH, so I will wait until I have the car in a few weeks.

http://www.autoupgrade.net

http://www.autoanything.net

Look under "Cargo Mats"

In the attached template, I don't see any special cutout, but it does say Hybrid on it, so that's

good enough for me. If I have any issue at all, they will have to take it back, that's what I wanted

to be sure of.

This Forum is the BEST I have ever used. I just ordered the Rubbertite (Lloyds) trunk mat as well. I will report back when it arrives. So, to review, I have learned about waxing my car, tire pressure, body side molding, and now where to find a trunk mat. In the process, I hope I have helped a few with my experiences. Thanks again smr2112 and everyone.

I'm not saying that they would or wouldn't accept a return since I've never dealt with them, but buyer beware of the notice:

"NOTE: These mats will be custom manufactured to your specifications and once ordered may not be returned for credit or exchange."

If any of you do happen to get a trunk mat for your FFH's, let us know here where/what you get and how it fits?? Thanks!

Which is why I went back and forth and insisted on seeing the mat template had the cutout for the battery.

Lots of these online sites let you buy things that despite what they say, don't line up with real world cars.

So I am confident that this mat will work fine in the car.

I received the lloyds Mat today and I give it a C+ with the possibility of a B. It would be a B because it basically fits, but it is not up the quality of the Mat I had in my Acura TL. It is basically acceptable. As for the current grade of C+, the mat smells. I have it airing out right now. I hope that works. Otherwise, I will not be happy. I will report further.

Richard

Atlanta GA

I received the lloyds Mat today and I give it a C+ with the possibility of a B. It would be a B because it basically fits, but it is not up the quality of the Mat I had in my Acura TL. It is basically acceptable. As for the current grade of C+, the mat smells. I have it airing out right now. I hope that works. Otherwise, I will not be happy. I will report further.

Richard

Atlanta GA

Update 2 days later - My wife agreed that the mat smelled, but she provided a solution. She took out 2 boxes of Baking Soda usually used to deodorize the refrigerator. We put the Baking soda boxes (the ones designed not to leak) in the truck. After 2 days, most of the smell is gone. I would upgrade by grade on the lloyds mat to a B- That will be my final letter grade because the mat would never handle a large spill because it does not have raised sides. It basically sits flat. In fairness, I got what I paid for. The mat is as described. It is just not a mat with that has 2 inch sides like I had in my Acura TL. That mat would have held a pretty large spill. This mat will be fine for small leaks, etc but not a large spill.

Hello all,

Jonathan from Auto Upgrade here (www.autoupgrade.net). I saw our name mentioned here and thought I might chime in in case anyone has any questions or requires assistance! I would be happy to assist anyone with selecting floor mats or cargo mats for their Fusion or Fusion hybrids. We cover all brands of mats for nearly all vehicles and have very competitive prices too.

I have seen our name mentioned in other forums in the past and always had the urge to be involved in the discussion or help any potential customers out. This is my first try at doing this on a public forum, so if this is not welcomed please let me know. I am not intending to spam the forum.

I did have a chance to drive a Fusion hybrid a while back, before the clunkers mania and I must say I was quite impressed. Great vehicle --- Fun to drive and great high fuel mileage to boot! :shift:

I am eager to hear from any of you on this forum. You are also free to email me direct: jon at autoupgrade dot net

Thank you!

Jonathan Ratcliffe

Auto Upgrade

I for one would actually appreciate it if you would link to any mats that you absolutely *know* fit the FFH trunk. So far getting accessories for the FFH has been difficult even from the Ford dealers, since there is often confusion about the FFH specific changes over the standard Fusion, of which there appear to be many.

Jon

Hello all,

Jonathan from Auto Upgrade here (www.autoupgrade.net). I saw our name mentioned here and thought I might chime in in case anyone has any questions or requires assistance! I would be happy to assist anyone with selecting floor mats or cargo mats for their Fusion or Fusion hybrids. We cover all brands of mats for nearly all vehicles and have very competitive prices too.

I have seen our name mentioned in other forums in the past and always had the urge to be involved in the discussion or help any potential customers out. This is my first try at doing this on a public forum, so if this is not welcomed please let me know. I am not intending to spam the forum.

I did have a chance to drive a Fusion hybrid a while back, before the clunkers mania and I must say I was quite impressed. Great vehicle --- Fun to drive and great high fuel mileage to boot! :shift:

I am eager to hear from any of you on this forum. You are also free to email me direct: jon at autoupgrade dot net

Thank you!

Jonathan Ratcliffe

Auto Upgrade

Hello Jon,

Thank you for your response. If you are interested in all season mats, try this link:

http://www.autoupgrade.net/All_Weather_Floor_Mats_s/32.htm

The only mat styles here that will not fit the Fusion hybrid are Catch-All, Xtreme Catch-All, Husky Liners and WeatherTech. I am bit concerned with the WeatherTech mats for the 2010 Fusion Hybrid. After checking the WeatherTech website I found that they list the same part numbers as the 2006-2009 Fusion as for the 2010. Furthermore they do not state whether they fit the hybrid. I'm assuming at this point that they have just carried over the year and do not have a fit for the 2010 Fusion since it is likely different. I am trying to get an answer from WeatherTech at this point as these are superior to most other all weather mat brands.

If you are interested in carpet mats, try this link:

http://www.autoupgrade.net/Carpet_Floor_Mats_s/33.htm

The only mat styles here that will not fit are the Catch-All, Touring, Select Touring and Heavy Plush.

Please note that not all mat styles have cargo mats available (at all, for any vehicle). The ones that do not are Rhino Mats, Coco Mats and Leather Mats. The reason is that the material is too stiff to roll up for shipping. These three mat styles are available as 4-piece sets only (2 front mats and 2 rear mats).

I certify that all of the mat styles on these pages will fit the hybrid Fusion with the exception of those noted above.

Also, I thought I might add that that our Ultimats, TruBerber and Luxe Mats can be embroidered with Ford names and logos. These are a Ford licensed product and all are manufacturered by Lloyd Mats. These mats are very sharp looking and are thicker and of higher quality than any of the factory OEM mats I have seen.

We also have carpet material samples of every type of carpet mat line that we carry and would be happy to mail out a few samples in advance for color matching purposes, or if you would just like to see the material for yourself. If you are interested, please provide the mat type, color numbers and your address in an email and I'll have them sent out.

If I can be of further assistance, please let me know.

Jonathan Ratcliffe

Auto Upgrade