bwanapete

sunvisor sticker removal?

I just bought a '10 SEL. The covering on the sunvisors seems to be woven cloth. Can the airbag warning stickers on the sun visors be removed without damaging the cloth? I can't read them anyway because my eyes are too close to them, and they are annoying.

I just bought a '10 SEL. The covering on the sunvisors seems to be woven cloth. Can the airbag warning stickers on the sun visors be removed without damaging the cloth? I can't read them anyway because my eyes are too close to them, and they are annoying.

I thought that those labels were federal government required to install, and thus the manufacturer's are required to install them... However I don't know if its like the bed tags that have stiplations that you souldn't remove or not but that's up to you.

I also thought that they weren't really stickers anyways... I thought that they were ironed on, and therefore they are indeed woven into the cloth well.

Personally after owning quite a few new vehicles with these labels I don't even see them!

They are not "stickers" and they cannot be removed. They are some kind of heat-bonded label that is basically "welded" right into the fuzzy fabric.

That's what I thought... They are indeed heat patches that get applied at hgih temperature, like those on label clothing... Not any way to remove unless you wnat to put new cloth around it all!

Thanks for your replies. I won't try to remove them, and if I do anything, it will be to cover them. Black leather to match my seats might be nice.

Thanks for your replies. I won't try to remove them, and if I do anything, it will be to cover them. Black leather to match my seats might be nice.

I have used 91% rubbing alcohol from WalMart on the ridgid plastic visors on my other cars and no damage happened, but I've never tried this on fabric visors. The dealer doesn't care if you take oo the labels and I'm not telling the Feds. Someone, not me, should go to a wrecking yard and buy a cheap visor and experiment and report back.