iNexxFear

Static Output by SYNC?

Hello All,

This morning I had the most interesting thing, my SYNC when I pressed the voice command had static instead of verbal output or tones. Besides it scaring the :censored: wits out of me at 5:00 due to al the extra noise, I did't like the noises it was making. But sync was fully functional, the only thing that was acting up was the voice output like the audio chip or driver didn't initialize accurately.

Thankfully my trip was short as I was heading to the GYM... I went in, exercised for 30 minutes and when I came out SYNC was fine.

Has anyone else ever experienced this in the past? Any ideas as to the cause?

If not does anyone know of a way to reboot sync while the car is in motion :shift: ? My concern that is if I'm on a long trip and this occurs I'd like to reboot sync without having to cycle engine power.... It would be nicer to just have it reboot and try to re-initialize itself to reduce the problem.

Of course if it continues to happen I'll be brining the vehicle into the garage to have it evaluated more... But just wanted to know... :superhero:

For those of you who are trying to help, my SYNC equipeed vehicle is:

- 2010 Ford Fusion Sport, Wth NAVI, Sony Surround, Updated 3.0 Software

- At the time of occurance, the car had the defrosters going, rear defrosters, headlights and foglights, and I had my driver seat warmer on high, and iPod plugged into the USB connecter, SYNC had connected to my iPhone 3GS via bluetooth.