Sign in to follow this  
Arminium

Installing Sub and Amp

Hey there guys i have an 09 fusion sel with the stock sync head unit and i was wondering how hard it would be to run wires for an amp to power a sub off of the stuck unit. are there rca connections right off of it or will i have to buy a converter? also, how do you get the damn thing out lol.

Hey there guys i have an 09 fusion sel with the stock sync head unit and i was wondering how hard it would be to run wires for an amp to power a sub off of the stuck unit. are there rca connections right off of it or will i have to buy a converter? also, how do you get the damn thing out lol.

Remove the panel surrounding the headunit and the air controls/vents. Its all clipped in so just tug on it. Then remove the 4 bolts and pull headunit out. Run the RCA's on the right side of the vehicle to your trunk. I dont know what your going to do about a remote wire unless but that is a entirely different issue someone else might be able to explain to you.