Sign in to follow this  
knight179

FFH Speakers

I have a ford fusion Hybrid with the 502A package. i installed a sub/amp and left the sony speakers that came with the car. i wanted to know if i change the speakers and add a new amp for the speakers, will i noticable difference without adding a new head unit? im using the the factory head unit (dont think its possible to change it anyway with the navigation package. if there is please tell me).

Thanks

Noticeable? Sure. How noticeable is the question and that's totally up to you and your ears and the quality of the components you select.

Are you happy or unhappy with the sound as it stands now? I wouldn't look to change anything unless you're unhappy with the Sony system. From what I've heard that's one of Ford's better OEM systems.

im actually unhappy(im really picky with sound). the highs are not clear and the mids/high seems a bit muffled. im actually looking to spend some money on good quality speakers if it will mkae a difference.

Replace the speakers and get a good amp, then reevaluate. If you go with a new head unit you'll want a new amp and speakers anyway so you won't lose anything. And if the sound is acceptable then you won't have to replace the head unit.

is there even a kit to put a new head unit under the navigation? seems like its one piece from the bottom all the way up the sides of the navigation screen

im actually unhappy(im really picky with sound). the highs are not clear and the mids/high seems a bit muffled. im actually looking to spend some money on good quality speakers if it will mkae a difference.

i feel the same the high are flat and mid are lifeless the bass is ok

where are the sony amps and how many speaker are they in the sony system??????????