Sign in to follow this  
iNexxFear

NOTE: Ways to help with SYNC indexing problems for an iPod

Hi All,

As you may know SYNC will integrate in with your iPod device, however I have recently encoutnered a scenario where you may get told that SYNC could not index all of your files.... Through using the SYNC My iTunes utility I have identified some key issues that will prevent you from having it work sucessfully.

A - SYNC doesn't like the "Compilation Flag" and wants to turn them all off! I have compilations identified for sound tracks and such so that I know it all belongs to one another. I don't know why Ford/Microsoft can't skip over this Meta Data Tag to help reduce problems

B - It doesn't seem to like artist that have all upper case names... I.E. ABBA want's to be changed to Abba in both the artist and title name fields.

C - Additional other fields must have the appropraite upper and lower case fields for accentation with speech recognition... Such as "I'm OK" want to be changed to "I'm Ok" .... "Rock'n'Roll" to "Rock'n'roll"

The capitalization I can understand due to voice recognition, but I wish there was a way to not do this... Or have it ignore them! And as for the compilation... what does it matter? Why can't it just keep a local copy on there and Sync doesn't talk anything about the compilation metadata tag in the support FAQ's...

Hope this helps resovle some of your issues!