Sign in to follow this  
Chris1LE

Door Alignment. Am I being anal?

Hey all, I'm new to the forum. I just picked up a 2009 Fusion SEL. Love the car so far except for one niggling body alignment issue. While on a long drive I noticed through the drivers side rear view mirror that the back end of the front door does not exactly line up with the front of the rear door. Looking at the passenger side mirror the alignment was dead on.

This of course got me looking at the alignment on all cars in the parking lot once I got to my destination. All seemed to aligned dead on compared to my Fusion. There was one car that matched the alignment of my car. It was a KIA.

I took it to the dealer and the response was that it looks pretty close to some of the new cars that are on the lot. Which made me think they should probably get those doors aligned as well. They said they will take another look at it next week. I just want to know from fellow Fusion owners if the attached photos look like something I should push them on or is this type of alignment representative of a company that claimed quality is job one?

~Chris

562095390_g5NWP-X2.jpg

562095460_9WP8D-X2.jpg

Mine has a little bit of a misalignment as well. It is not as bad as yours, and looking at it from the side it looks ok, but looking at it standing right next to the car or while driving, it is noticible. My 2003 mustang was the same way. I learned to not let it bother me, but now that you pointed it out I might say something.

Well, I finally had a chance to let them look at it again. Was not real pleased with the service manager who said Fords position on these kind of problems was basically if the door closes it is OK. Well after leaving it with them for a day it looks exactly like it did when I brought it in. They said they adjusted the upper hinge. Not sure how exactly you adjust one without adjusting the other? As a bonus they managed to swap paint with something white while they were working on it. Going to be contacting the service manager soon!