Sign in to follow this  
2006fusiondriver

2006 Handsfree question

Hello,

I recently bought a 2006 Fusion SE V6. To the left of the steering wheel there are two small buttons with a blue light in between them. One button has a phone on it, the other has sort of a tic tac toe looking pattern.

When I bought the car the dealer told me it was bluetooth, but my phone has never been able to locate a device, and I figured if it was really bluetooth it would have their trademark bluetooth icon. (the salesman was not the brightest bulb and the dealer is currently not very responsive to my questions)

Since my car was used, I assume maybe I am missing a manual or something because I have pored over the manual given to me and there is nothing about those two buttons! There is nothing in the manual about cell phones, bluetooth, or any handsfree features. I have also googled everywhere looking for an answer as to what these buttons are for and how I can set my phone up to them. I am probably using the wrong search terms or something - I am NOT technical.

If anyone has any clue what the buttons are for or could point me to an online manual that explains them I would appreciate it... Also I am wondering if I need some sort of device to set my phone up?

Thank you for any help.

Thank you for your responses! I never considered that it was something aftermarket (duh)....It was a lease trade in - I didnt know they could install extras. I guess I can stop wasting my time on google looking for it on fords!

What is a stock head unit?

I will take some pictures tomorrow and post them in the evening... maybe someone then can tell me what it might be.

That would be a GuidePointe GPS tracking system that was installed in your vehicle.