peteostro

SYNC 3.0 is out!

You really should look at a lifetime membership to Sirius. I bought it in 2004 for $400. I haven't paid a dime since then. It has more than paid for itself. My wife just got a FFH and I am waiting for the Sirius info to update in their system to buy her a lifetime membership. With subscription fees going up every couple of years, it only makes sense.

You really should look at a lifetime membership to Sirius. I bought it in 2004 for $400. I haven't paid a dime since then. It has more than paid for itself. My wife just got a FFH and I am waiting for the Sirius info to update in their system to buy her a lifetime membership. With subscription fees going up every couple of years, it only makes sense.

If Sirius was a healthy company, the lifetime service sounds great. However, if sirius goes into bankruptcy and is sold to some other entity, they will not be required to honor your lifetime service. Sirius was almost in bankruptcy a few months ago, and they have never earned a profit. People who have counted on companies for a lifetime of anything have learned that a lifetime can be very short indeed. Look a Lee Iacocca. He will lose his pension and his free car after the Chrysler bankruptcy.

This not an anti-sirius thread. I have XM on my acura. My acura will be traded in for the FFH once it arrives in the next few weeks. Just go month to month and see if sirius re-capitalizes. Then think about lifetime service.

I searched the Sirius website looking for the lifetime plans, but didn't find them. Could you give a old man an assist? :)

Log in to your account. You will see your plan listed. Next to your plan you will see a link to "Extend your subscription" You will get a new screen with 4 or 5 plans listed. At the bottom will be another link that says "See more options" click on that and it will give you 4 more options, one of which is Lifetime Plan for $499.99 which is less than the 3 year and 42 month plan. Which doesn't make sense to me. Anyway there may be some limitations so make sure you read the "terms and conditions"

Installed Sync 3.0 with out any problems. (I do not have the nav system) every thing works great so far.

I, also, do not have the nav system and the installation went fine. I sat in the car reading a magazine until the second Installation complete message was spoken. Took about 10 minutes altogether.

Since it is a new version, as expected, I lost the bluetooth phone connections along with the phonebook. But that was not a hassle to re-link.

I always get scared when it works the first time with a microsoft product! I figure they're planning an outrage!

Peace!

Rog