Phil82

MB Quart or JL Audio?

It is very opinion base, but your mainstream companies use cheaper materials and hard dome tweeters which are raspy and very harsh. Companies to look at are RD, Focal, Rainbow, or older MB stuff.

It is very opinion base, but your mainstream companies use cheaper materials and hard dome tweeters which are raspy and very harsh. Companies to look at are RD, Focal, Rainbow, or older MB stuff.

I couldn’t agree more with sport_blueV6. I think many people have done the car audio thing and if you’re like me when you get into your career it takes a step back especially once it has been built. The only other brand I would add to the list is Diamond audio s600. For the balanced sound I would recommend the silk dome and if you’re crazy like me then I would go with their aluminum dome run in parallel to the circuit running the crossovers that feed the midbass drivers. I have a new ford fusion that will remain unmolested but in my focus my aluminum dome tweeters are feed directly from the input power to the crossovers that come straight from eh 300/2 JL audio amp. it is a lot of sound and depending on how you listen you may want to go with the silk dome tweeters. These speakers are getting hard to find and at this point they are found in local small shops and online Ebay stores. However, if you are running a subwoofer then they are an awesome pair of speakers. A little late I know but info is never bad for the same reason most people don’t burn books.