58 DeSoto

Odd mpg figures just started

2013 SE Hybrid 60k never a problem. My lifetime mpg was at 49.5 .  It slowly started.  To drop and went to 43 over about 2 years.  Then suddenly it dropped from 43 to 38 . Before it took a month to get it to move 1 tenth of a mpg. Now the lifetime mpg changes like the instant mpg .  It will go up and down 5 mpg in a 10 mile trip.  Also the mpg will drop 5 mpg from sitting overnight.    I looked for a fuel leak and haven't found anything.  I'm a car guy and have always fixed my own cars. Still has the original battery.  Car runs just like it always has.  Just the jumping mpg is strange 

Don't think cold temperature is the problem as I live south of Tampa. The numbers didn't get reset just make wild mpg swings over a short distance trip. 

Edited by 58 DeSoto

I'll have to do a actual mpg check next time I fill the tank.  That won't happen until next month as I don't do a lot of driving.  I'll post it when I get the numbers