Bballwolf43

What happens if stock LED headlights go out?

I just purchased used 2017 Ford fusion hybrid titanium with factory LED headlights. This is the fanciest car I've owned and the first factory LED headlights. I know the actual headlamp assembly is very expensive to replace, but what about just the bulb? Please tell me I won't have to replace the entire thing if my left headlamp goes out. 

41 minutes ago, Bballwolf43 said:

I just purchased used 2017 Ford fusion hybrid titanium with factory LED headlights. This is the fanciest car I've owned and the first factory LED headlights. I know the actual headlamp assembly is very expensive to replace, but what about just the bulb? Please tell me I won't have to replace the entire thing if my left headlamp goes out. 

I don't have an answer for you, except to ask why you're worried about one of your LED headlights "going out". From what I've read, they essentially last forever.

14 hours ago, mwr said:

I don't have an answer for you, except to ask why you're worried about one of your LED headlights "going out". From what I've read, they essentially last forever.

I'm not worried, but it's something that's smart to know before it happens don't you think?

10 hours ago, Bballwolf43 said:

I'm not worried, but it's something that's smart to know before it happens don't you think?

I don't have an answer either but I can tell you that my 2014 has halogen bulbs, and even with DRLs they are still the original ones.

I doubt you'll have to worry about your LED headlights going out.

On 10/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, Bballwolf43 said:

No, not if it's not going to happen.

3 hours ago, mwr said:

No, not if it's not going to happen.

You really have that much faith in an LED chip? The LEDs in my house claim to have a 20,000 hour life span. I doubt a single one of those lasted that long. And they're GE brand. 

The answer is that the LEDs are not serviceable.  But it's not fair to compare a $5 home LED bulb with a $1000 automotive headlamp assembly.  They are built to very different standards.

I've replaced led headlight and taillights before for not working. But all were due to moisture getting into the lamp that corrodes the internal circuits. 

Moisture can get in by a small crack in the lens or a faulty lamp at the joining seam.