jsamp

Energi forum down... murphy, can you help?

Sorry to crash the Fusion hybrid forum, but the Energi forum has been down for me for over a week.  Keeps saying "a configuration or server error has occurred"  and error code EX6.

murphy, any idea what is going on?

I just tried it and got the same error.

Thanks... at least I know it's not just me.

It has been reported.  I did not get a response to the report.  I don't have the ability to fix it.  Maybe those that can fix it are on vacation.

On 7/10/2021 at 4:53 AM, murphy said:

It has been reported.  I did not get a response to the report.  I don't have the ability to fix it.  Maybe those that can fix it are on vacation.

Murphy, the energi forum needs more help!

The Energi forum is broken.  Specifically the "compose message body" text boxes for starting a new topic or replying to an existing one or sending a direct message are shrunk vertically to the point you cannot see any text inside of the boxes. They do not seem to accept any text entered and thus a message cannot be sent.

My username there is ffe.

I verified this with two different browsers on PC and my phone's browser which I'm using successfully on the non-energy hybrid forum right now.  If I had to guess it's some sort of CSS problem.  It might be prudent have an email address posted somewhere for the admins in case a problem like this affected the other forums.

Sounds like the same crap that happened here a couple months ago or so.  Hopefully they can get it fixed.

Unfortunately murphy moved on a while ago.  Both the hybrid and Energi forums have his most recent login as Feb 2022.  Any moderators here that can help reach the Energi forum moderators?  jeff_h or meyersnole are alternate moderators there.

Please help!

Who started these forums?  Was it Ford or are they independent?  Sure hope we don't lose them.

LOL Definitely not Ford.  Not a chance.  OEMs have no interest in owner community and self help.  Are you okay?

8 hours ago, ffe said:

LOL Definitely not Ford.  Not a chance.  OEMs have no interest in owner community and self help.  Are you okay?

Oh it always had a corporate mediated experience vibe to it, unlike a former car website I was on where people were hacking the temperature sensors to get more power out of the car.  There was very little tweaking allowed on this site, Paul T. Jones was probably the best "hot rodder" here who could improve his fuel economy the most. He was constantly shouted down by the engineer brains and eventually chased out, which sucks big time.   Compared to my old car which I did loads of home modifications on (and it is still running well I might say - never burnt down like the guys who had no clue at the dealership 20 years ago) I've done very little on the FFH outside of make a polycarbonate grill block and do a couple maintenance things myself: oil, brakes, air filter, cabin air filter, repair glove box gear from junk yard parts.