MeeLee

Low oil level warning

Can you return the car and get your money back?  Sounds like it is an oil consumer, bad rings likely (only takes one bad oil ring out of 4).  Have a different dealer run your car through their Ford Vin number record.  I did that a day after I bought a Mustang years ago, and the second dealer found that the title had been branded.  That means it was either 1) in a major accident, or 2) that the airbags had deployed, or 3)that it had been stolen and abused, 4)had undergone extensive mechanical rebuild.    Since I had only had it one day I took it back and got my money back.  The first dealer was not interested in the cars actual history, didn't want to hear about it. 

If your return no questions asked warranty has expired, tell the dealer you will see him in court, and issue a Civil Warrant against him.  It will cost you about $75 to have it served to him.  He will not want to go to court, based on the data you have that it is an oil burner.   The reason you don't see any smoke is because the catalytic converter is doing it's job and burning the smoke.  But that will only last so long until the converter is ruined.  I'm assuming there are no major puddles under your engine.  You may have to take the under shield off, it may be full of oil if it is leaking.  It comes off easy if you can get it on a lift. 

Also for this forum, it helps others if you provide some information on your profile about what your car is, model year, model, engine, etc. 

A bad oil filter will not cause the oil to disappear.  A clogged oil filter is designed to eventually bypass it's filter portion, and just keep flowing dirty oil.  The oil filter engineers figure flowing dirty oil is better than flowing no oil.  Dirty oil can ruin your piston rings, and journal bearings on the connecting rods and crankshaft. You will eventually hear a rattling sound from the engine when you accelerate as the journal bearings fail.   Good luck.