markn455

Low Speed Sound Requirement on Fusion HEV and PHEV

On 11/25/2022 at 10:44 PM, Sky14FFH said:

As someone who is a pedestrian daily (3 to 5 miles)  I think they are completely pointless and irritating.  You ALWAYS hear the tires first, rarely the engine. If there was one on my car I'd want it disabled immediately.  I like having a quiet car and not disturbing the neighbors.  What this was was an ant-HEV or electric car legislation done by people who never walk. 

Maybe if you were blind, you would think different.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:09 PM, Sky14FFH said:

It's because I am legally blind I think this way.  Try again.

Maybe if you were a pedestrian you'd think differently. You hear the WHEEL SLAP long before the engine every time.

I am a pedestrian.  I never hear tire noise when in a parking lot where cars are moving very slowly. But I can always hear engine or exhaust noises. 

How do you drive if your blind? If you wear corrective lenses, then its a big difference if you cannot see at all and have to rely on your other senses. 

I'm all for the alert system. 

On 12/6/2022 at 6:52 PM, Sky14FFH said:

Exactly, then you hear the tire noise a lot more.   No some engines you cannot hear at all.  It was intended by people who never walk to deter purchase of electric cars. One of the big hopes of electric cars was the reduction of noise pollution in addition to air pollution.  Noise pollution is a serious problem where I live and especially those dodges need to be regulated.  I hate attention whores and noisemakers for absolutely no reason whatsoever is not an "alert system".

You, being a blind driver must have good senses.

I can't hear tire noises with the car is not moving or moving very slowly such as in traffic congestion.