My2cents

2020 Ford Escape Hybrid EPA MPG

I think they are using the same basic tech from CMAX/FFH so I would expect I could improve mpg's by 5-10 mpg using the same improvements I use on my CMAX. Being a larger vehicle it would not get as good as I get, but I'm thinking Plugin this time. :)

Paul

Got window sticker from Dealer for 2020 FEH Titanium which they should have within a week. smile.pngpost-143-0-57967400-1574280355_thumb.jpg

I Drove an ICE 2020 Escape SEL with 1.5L 3cyl ECOBoost, it has good acceleration, doesn't handle like my CMAX and the brakes are touchy.

Paul

I'm a firm believer in not believing the car computer. I use gas receipts, fill up the same way all the time and only use 3 specific stations. I've had as much as 3+ MPG diff between receipt and trip meter. I think the EPA numbers are based on computer calcs. Yeah, yeah ... conspiracy theory! ;)

I'm a firm believer in not believing the car computer. I use gas receipts......I think the EPA numbers are based on computer calcs. Yeah, yeah ... conspiracy theory! ;)

I agree....using the gas receipts to calculate mpg is the way to go (I keep a spreadsheet so I have an overall record). My overall mpg for my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid is 45.3 mpg....this after almost 3 years and 44,000 miles. The combined EPA rating is 42 mpg. My overall mpg for my 2013 Ford Escape was 25.3....this after 7 years and 99,000 miles. The combined EPA rating is 24 mpg....

I’m thinking I could achieve low 40s mpg with an awd Escape Hybrid.....but remember YMMV...

I recall reading the EPA fuel economy numbers are derived from the emission testing and not a direct measurement of mpg....here’s a link for those that want to know more about the EPA fuel economy testing:

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/fe_test_schedules.shtml0

post-1049-0-73228600-1574478609_thumb.jp post-1049-0-52879700-1574478629_thumb.jp post-1049-0-13978400-1574478648_thumb.jp post-1049-0-39024000-1574478506_thumb.jp

Well I took a test drive in a 2020 FEH Titanium White and got 56 mpg / 3 miles city. The Display isn't user friendly and is going to take sometime to get use too. It accelerates very good, spun tires on wet road and EV seems stronger than CMAX. Handling was close to CMAX and the BridgeStones Ecopia 225/55-19 were set at 33 psi and Max is 40 psi. kind of low compared to Michelin ES 51 psi Max. Heated steering wheel and seats. They want me to come back and test it on the FWY tomorrow, 45 min. each way we will see. Any body interested in anything special I need to look for?

Paul

post-143-0-57967400-1574280355_thumb.jpg           FEHPI.thumb.jpg.9a99cafed08d4519612ecd2b03ada306.jpg

Here is the comparison between Titanium FEH and PHVB. 

FEH Titanium is $33,495 w/block heater  and FEPHEV Titanium is $40125 a difference of $6630. So if I can get $6000 FIT Credit the difference would be $630. Then there is a FORD Private offer of $1250 and then the X Plan of $1400 =$2650 subtract from $40125 =$37475 - FIT $6000=$31475. That's not much more than my CMAX Hybrid cost 7 yrs ago.

Paul

I am firm car person.  I have driven an ICE Escape loaner, a Pacifica rental and other SUV-class vehicles.  Intense dislike is what I feel when in them.  The Escape was sluggish on the turbos kicking in and MPG was really worse than my old 2001 Neon when it had 130K miles!

Having driven two 2020 FEH they have more power off the line than CMAX/FFH and more power in EV also. 2020 FEHplugin should have a little more. One of our past CMAX owner's bought FEH, has been driving it for over a week in Rochester, NY and been getting in the 40's MPG in the cold.

Paul

On 11/19/2019 at 6:01 AM, My2cents said:

The 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid fuel economy numbers are available....heres the link

https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/Find.do?action=sbs&id=42258

Anyone impressed enough to at least be interested in a test drive? Opinions?

I was impressed enough! Traded in my 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid for a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium Hybrid. Good bye and good luck.

My2cents what do you think of the new FETH? How much better than the FFH? I'm looking at a Hybrid now and wanting to get this best I can for the money & mileage.

New here looking for info on these cars. Thanks for any info.

I'll keep the FFH for a while (2-3 years) then trade.  I've been scoping the Hyundai Sonata hybrid, but it needs to be closer to me pulling the trigger to try it on for size.  Sonata is the forerunner in a short list of hybrids.

Just heard from my Sales Manager that My 2020 FORD Escape Hybrid Plugin is scheduled to be build Aug. 24, 2020, He thinks it will be the first one for the Atlanta Area because it was listed #1 for this area. Will probably show up first part of Sept.?

Paul

On 6/26/2020 at 8:02 AM, ptjones said:

Just heard from my Sales Manager that My 2020 FORD Escape Hybrid Plugin is scheduled to be build Aug. 24, 2020, He thinks it will be the first one for the Atlanta Area because it was listed #1 for this area. Will probably show up first part of Sept.?

Paul

First model years are usually buggy.

I'd wait at least 2 model years.

3 hours ago, billford said:

First model years are usually buggy.

I'd wait at least 2 model years.

It looks like they copied the CMAX/FFH parts, made some improvements and they have had the FEH out for 6 months.

Paul

19 hours ago, ptjones said:

It looks like they copied the CMAX/FFH parts, made some improvements and they have had the FEH out for 6 months.

Paul

Should be ok I guess...

We all know about Ford and their new models...

7 minutes ago, billford said:

Should be ok I guess...

We all know about Ford and their new models...

Well they have two more months to figure anymore things out before my FEH plugin is built anyways. We will see.

Paul

On 6/25/2020 at 7:05 PM, 36truck said:

My2cents what do you think of the new FETH? How much better than the FFH? I'm looking at a Hybrid now and wanting to get this best I can for the money & mileage.

New here looking for info on these cars. Thanks for any info.

I'm very impressed with my 2020 FE Titanium Hybrid. Both my wife and I find the ride and handling to be  superior to my 2013 FE Titanium. My 2017 FFH was an excellent vehicle also, we didn't get rid of it because of any dissatisfaction....we just wanted an SUV.....so yes no regrets, we like the FE better. I'm at about 3,500 miles and my calculated MPGs are 45.1....better than I expected but we've not taken any long road trips yet..... I expect once we decide to cruise the interstates again the  overall mileage will drop.  I'm guessing cruising the interstate at 75 MPH will yield about 34-35 MPGs.

Of course the best thing to do is go on an extended test drive and develop your own opinion....YMMV......and as Cobra pointed out he likes his sedans...

for more opinions about the 2020 FE Hybrid go to this website fordescape.org 

My Dealer Sales Manager says my FEHP will be built today, and should have it in two weeks assuming they have chips for it. I'm hoping that something will finally go right.

Paul

Got notification from FORD that my FEHP was built yesterday and approximate delivery date of Aug. 24.?

Paul

Seems like it gets the same mpg as my ffh after a cheap Chinese tire swap.

I'm thinking, once the tires wear out, you'll see much lower mpgs on newer tires, unless you pay the $600 surplus for installing identical than stock tires.

My FFH got 45-48MPG (depending on how much city/hwy I drove), and now hovers around 40-42MPG.

Cheaper tires work worse on the hwy with the vehicle's weight. 

I got my FEHP last Friday and I'm getting 44 mi. on my current charge and should be able to reach 50 mi. with my mods.

Paul