Sign in to follow this  
Cord66

2015 FFH SE eCVT maintenance question

On 7/30/2019 at 11:24 AM, Cord66 said:

Hello all,

I've newly bought a used 2015 FFH, it's now at 160,000 and I'm about to do my first Oil Change, so I'm also going to have the Transmission fluid changed as well.

As I've tried to lookup instructions for changing the fluid online, I came across comments in some about a "high pressure side" filter which is changeable as well as the internal one which isn't unless the unit is broken down like a rebuild.

I'm curious if those with a 2013 or newer model with the same tranny have any advice, recommendations, experiences you might be able to provide so I make sure not to miss a small but crucial detail. So if you can provide any feedback on the following questions, please do.

• 2015 FFH with 160,000, unknown history, so presuming original fluid is present in the trans
  • is there an external filter, perhaps called a High Pressure filter, recommended to be replaced during fluid replacement?
  • Any thoughts/experiences using a Trans cleaner/flush product at the time of the fluid change?
  • I'm going to be using AMS/OIL's High Efficiency ATF fluid, anyone have experience with this product?

Look forward to any feedback which can be offered, Thanks for your time,

James

the real ford Mervcon LV is not that much more expensive. If you use 3rd party, check for a Mervcon LV license number on the label. If there is none, you shouldn’t use it. 

stay away from putting anything else into your transmission. It has two electric motors in it with all the shielded copper wires. You don’t want to cause corrosion to the shield. 

I believe yours is a hf35 like mine. These are notoriously bad. I would change the trans oil every 36k miles or whatever the severe duty cycle said in the manual. 

Also, I found it is impossible to get the oil to go into the fill/check level hole with gravity due to the size of the hose that can fit into the hole. So I bought a $50 extractor/pump from Amazon. 

Edited by Red