thomas91169

2017 FFH w/40k good buy?

The transmission is covered by the 8/100,0000 hybrid warranty. Oh, I see you have 140K. Too bad.

Edited by lolder

Yes it is too bad. It's been a good car overall. I have an appointment with a local transmission shop next week. They said they would not attempt to repair it and there may not be many remanufactured or used units on the market yet as the car is not that old.

Does anyone know if a transmission from the '15 or later years will work on a '14?

I went through this too. The transmission repair shop I went to looked for a few weeks and found none available. I was leery about used, especially if it would have been from an older model. Frustrating we have to deal with this. My car had under 100k when I first noticed a problem, but dealer couldn't or wouldn't acknowledge it. Of course, once I was over 100k, they diagnosed it as needing a new transmission.

+1. Don't let them get by with that.

I've been through this on here before. Dealer wouldn't admit it. When they returned it to me and said nothing was wrong, I should have fought harder. It was subtle, but I knew what I was hearing. Whether it was incompetence or intentional, I can't ever prove. After 100k, they refused to discuss it. Ford took the dealer's word, but offered $1500 off the $7k repair estimate. Not enough, in my opinion, but I didn't have the energy to keep fighting and arguing.

Dealer and Ford won, I lost. But the fact is, except for this flaw, I loved the car. Traded it in on a 2018 FFH.

That's not the most efficient use of the car. Use the ICE for acceleration.