Sign in to follow this  
johnnyp12

Retained accessory power fault & emergency brake fault

I've had my FFH-SE for almost a year now and have put about 5k miles on it. Its a 14' with 75k miles. Everythings been fine except its been acting a little strange sometimes.

Occasionally when I'm parking the vehicle (I always use the parking brake) I come to a stop, put the vehicle in park, activate the parking brake, and turn off the vehicle. After that last step, sometimes the car will completely power off and will not enter retained accessory power mode (ie radio and windows still working).

If this happens I usually start the vehicle again. When I do I notice that my settings are back to default and the AM radio is on. Also the start-up chime sounds old (the "duu-daa-dum"). And a message will pop-up saying theres a parking brake fault and to get service. I disengage the parking brake and everything fine again.

Another time I was putting washer fluid in and I left the driver door open. After I finished checking fluids and such I came back inside the car and notice that everything was off. Like everything. After slight panic of not even knowing how to open the trunk in this situation (to access the 12v batt). Everything came back on and was on default.

Other times I will start the vehicle from a being away from it for 8 or more hours and the wrench light will come on as soon as I start it (has only happened twice). I can usually get the wrench to go away by cycling the power a few times.

Anywho all of these things have been happening in the past few weeks. Now that I've wrote this all down I feel the 12v battery may be the issue so i will get that tested now. But does anyone have anything to add?

I vote for the 12 volt battery. Are you holding your foot on the service brake while applying the parking brake?

Omg im such an idiot! The freaking battery connector wasn't securely attached to the battery... Sometimes my sync system can get a little buggy so I disconnect the 12v batt to reset it so I can get my Bluetooth to work again. I must have not reconnected the harness all the way... Oh well.. At least it isn't as bad as I thought. #faithrestored