Jacksonjd01

Defective mileage in my 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid Titanium

There was at least one poster who never was able to get proper mileage whose plugs were sooty and was obviously defectively running too rich. If this poster has never gotten good mileage at moderate temperatures and speeds, maybe this is another case.

If you run this car warmed up with no AC on 10 miles or more on a straight flat quiet road at a steady 50 mph with the temp at 60º F. and no wind. It should get about 49 mpg. Reset one of your mpg displays once established at the speed to get the reading. The SOC of the HVB has to be the same at beginning and end. Increased or decreased temperature affects the mpg +/- 2 mpg per +/- 10º F change.

Edited by lolder

I mentioned the steady state road test to see if there could be a problem. There have been some lemons that Ford couldn't fix. I believe the poster was acdii. If the test yields 40 mpg instead of 49. something's wrong with the car. The conditions have to be as I specified.

Edited by lolder