dds_ali

Life time engine air filter?

My 2019 model probably uses the same filter as you, and it's still clean like new at 100k miles.

If you drive around in a lot of dust, or polluted city, your mileage may vary.

Low MPG could be because of:

1- lowly inflated, or cheap tires. 
Always make sure your tires are inflated to at least 35PSI, preferably 40PSI cold.
They do increase PSIs as they get warmer, usually up to 5PSI for good quality 1st world country, rubber tires, and 7PSI for second world (China) silicon tires.
I always try to stay as close to the MAX rated PSI rating (usually 1-3PSI under) , on a hot day after driving on the highway for a bit.

Most modern tires can handle 45PSI just fine, and silicon tires are usually rated up to 50PSI nowadays.
So putting 40PSI in them works quite well where I live. 

2- Winter cold.
Due to denser air, you may notice lower MPGs, because the engine needs to inject more fuel per stroke.

This is normal, and would even out when warmer.
You can always insert a cardboard between the bumper and radiator, in an effort to keep that engine running hot, if you live in areas where the temperature is lower than 50F most of the time.

3- Oil change intervals,
You should never exceed 6k miles on full synthetic oil on these engines; with the exception to Mobil 1 and Amazon Basic oil which can last up to 7k miles.

4- air and fuel filters.

Change engine air filter and fuel filter every 100k miles.
Change cabin air filter (not MPG related) every ~33k miles.

On 1/27/2022 at 2:36 PM, Mark JM said:

Everything still going along beautifully. Been pretty cold here in upstate NY recently so mileage is suffering somewhat. Taking longer for that magical green light to kick on. l  will look through my service manual and see if I can find further info about the air intake system.

I hate NY Winters ... knocks the crap outta mileage.  Between driving conditions, snow tires, etc I lose 10 or more MPG every cold season.

On 2/7/2022 at 12:14 PM, Cobra348 said:

I hate NY Winters ... knocks the crap outta mileage.  Between driving conditions, snow tires, etc I lose 10 or more MPG every cold season.

A good time to use the lowest possible octane fuel.
High octane fuel is nearly useless in such cases, and really only benefits hotter climates.

Ford says 87 is fine, so why not?  I always fill with 87 and that is the lowest octane around.  Dunno where you got the idea I was using anything but.

On 2/10/2022 at 6:42 PM, Cobra348 said:

Ford says 87 is fine, so why not?  I always fill with 87 and that is the lowest octane around.  Dunno where you got the idea I was using anything but.

Was just a suggestion.
High octane fuel does increase MPG, with the sweet spot an entire tank of mid-grade (no noticeable performance or MPG increases with high octane vs mid-grade).
But the MPG increase (usually ~10%) doesn't justify the price difference (~25%); as in my town regular is $3.50 and premium is $4.50.