Sign in to follow this  

Hi -

Does anyone know what is being reset when activating the "Restore Hybrid Vehicle Default Values" on the "Vehicle"? This is the same menu that contains "Clear MyKeys", "language", "Units" and "Brake Coach" on or off.

Thank you,

McGarrett

I think pretty much anything that you can set/change from any of the displayed option menus.

Might clear radio presets and NAV entries too.

Does the owners manual help any ?

Advanced SYNC Menu - two entries (pg 346 of owners manual PDF version):

Factory Defaults - Return to the factory default settings. This selection does not erase your indexed information (phonebook, call history, text messages and paired devices).

Master Reset - Completely erase all information stored on SYNC (phonebook, call history, text messages and paired devices) and return to the factory default settings.

MyFord Touch - pg 383 of PDF OM:

Master Reset - Select to restore factory defaults. This erases all personal settings and personal data.

Did not find anything like the message supplied. The above was by simply searching the word "default" and looking at stuff that seemed to fit the question.

Edited by Cobra348

2017 Ford c-max Hybrid SE what does 'Restore hybrid vehicle default values' mean? My electric power steering  quit (20,200 miles) and after checking fuzes I realized the 12 volt battery is 6 years old, so I bought a new one. You need that battery fully charged to get a good diagnosis I would imagine. So after i install the new 12 v bat then I need to do what? Just start the car ? or ?

I think  McGarrett50 was referring to the image below...

image4329.jpg

Did the restoration last night time. My battery become showing over 11 years of age. Set it again to one yr.  And this morning I took it for the primary force given that making the trade. To layout the state of affairs, it became a 12 mile metropolis pressure that normally takes me approximately 30 minutes. Cold Chicago morning, approximately 19 levels outside . I reset the fuel economy tracker issue upon first beginning the auto, and after resetting it I then permit the car run for about 5 mins with the window defroster blasting and the ICE walking to get the frost off my windows. So I'm certain that has a poor impact on the fuel mileage as it's burning fuel but not surely transferring. I did have the heat running over the course of the complete experience as well. I then started my journey and it did run in EV mode for two or 3 separate brief segments. Once the engine turned into heat it regarded to go into EV mode always at stop lighting, however the bulk of the actual travel became with the ICE. Those 2 or 3 brief segments of EV mode are greater than it has ever completed earlier than......  When I arrived at work, my very last mileage on that ride became 28.7 mpg. That is certainly higher than it has ever been (I regarded to be round 24-25mpg formerly making this precise equal ride). I'd believe if I didn't have five minutes of going for walks the ICE at a standstill while defrosting home windows, and if I did not have the heat running for the complete experience that I'd possibly be over 30mpg...... Which I accept as true with I need to be glad with for city using?  My wager is when spring hits is when I will absolutely word the alternate. Kodi

Edited by ibnaik