Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum

Sign In  Log in with Facebook

Create Account
Welcome to Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Ford Fusion Hybrid Forum by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Posted Image
Register your Fusion Hybrid at the official Ford authorized registry here.

Photo
- - - - -

Side mirrors pointing to ground this morning

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts
  • Region:Decline
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2013

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:59 AM

This has happened to me before.

When I got into my car this morning, both side mirrors were pointing to their low points, and my pre-programmed Settings were lost.

Has this happened to anyone else?

FFH 2013 Feb 2013 build.

Lose this advertisement by becoming a member. Click here to create a free account.

#2 OFFLINE   corncobs

corncobs

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 2,836 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:2013 FFH

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Battery low? I have seen that before as well but only after some work was done.

Also is it possible that a different preset button was pressed? I believe pointing down is the default.
2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE - Lady in Red
Ruby Red / 505A, Tech Pkg, Rear Sensing System, 18" Luxury Wheels

215477.png

#3 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Atlantic
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2014

Posted 25 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

I don't remember if individual settings can be saved for each key FOB or not but..............

If they can, is it possible that you picked up the second FOB and those are the settings saved for it ??

#4 OFFLINE   murphy

murphy

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,464 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 25 March 2015 - 10:06 AM

Settings can be saved for up to three key fobs.  If you grabbed one that has never been set up, that could explain it.

#5 OFFLINE   Texasota

Texasota

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 954 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Ford Fusion S Hybrid
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:30 PM

Any chance you car recently endured valet parking?  A few days ago my passenger side mirror was down after valet parking and I am blaming it on that.

#6 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:38 PM

No to the keyfob. Just one keyring that I use.

No to valet parking, but the car did spend the weekend at the airport. I picked it up on Monday, the problem was Wednesday morning.

Battery has a solar trickle charger on it for when it sits all day in a parking lot.

So I'll just call it a glitch and post back to the thread the next time it happens.

#7 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts
  • Current Vehicle:2015 MKC - 2013 MKZh

Posted 25 March 2015 - 05:41 PM

I was having that problem with the drivers mirror. Then when the car was either started or turned off the mirror would do a Linda Blair routine. The glass just kept moving in circles and then pointed down. Ford ended up replacing the complete mirror.

After about a year it started doing it again yesterday....back to Ford. It's still under warranty.

Edited by hermans, 25 March 2015 - 05:42 PM.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#8 OFFLINE   billford

billford

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 231 posts
  • Region:U.S. Pacific Coast
  • Current Vehicle:None

Posted 25 March 2015 - 07:33 PM

I think that maybe it could be due to water getting into the door switches. Anytime its raining and the door is opened or the window is down, rainwater always collects on the door switches...  

#9 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T
  • My Hybrid's Year:Decline

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:16 PM

No to the keyfob. Just one keyring that I use.

No to valet parking, but the car did spend the weekend at the airport. I picked it up on Monday, the problem was Wednesday morning.

Battery has a solar trickle charger on it for when it sits all day in a parking lot.

So I'll just call it a glitch and post back to the thread the next time it happens.

Have you spoken with your dealer to have this checked out, Barsoom? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll take a look into some options.

I was having that problem with the drivers mirror. Then when the car was either started or turned off the mirror would do a Linda Blair routine. The glass just kept moving in circles and then pointed down. Ford ended up replacing the complete mirror.

After about a year it started doing it again yesterday....back to Ford. It's still under warranty.

Hi hermans,

Any updates from your dealer visit yesterday?

Meagan

#10 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:03 PM

Have you spoken with your dealer to have this checked out, Barsoom? Please let me know, along with your mileage, and I'll take a look into some options.

Hi hermans,

Any updates from your dealer visit yesterday?

Meagan

I took it in this AM. The mirror has to be replaced again. This means the mirror has to be ordered and taken to a body shop to be painted.This is the second time and it's always the drivers side. My dealer says they have not had any other cars with the same mirror issue as mine. Reassuring....not.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

"Your comment is in no way productive. Why don't you find something productive to say?" - hybridbear

#11 OFFLINE   Barsoom

Barsoom

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:28 PM

Hi, Meagan. I have not talked to a dealer. This is the first time it happened in awhile. The last time may have been when the HVAC was replaced. It's so infrequent that I'm not sure what they'd find. I'm still waiting to be notified about the control module recall (have they started producing the replacement modules yet?), and there is a TSB that I want done for the A/C light when in Auto mode, so do see another dealer visit in my future soon. Plus, I don't drive enough to use up my pre-paid service visits, so I'll probably need a set ice visit anyway just for time driven, if not miles.

#12 OFFLINE   SteveB_TX

SteveB_TX

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 933 posts
  • Region:U.S. Southern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:Our stable: 2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, 2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE, 2013 Ford F-150 XLT Ecoboost Super Crew

Posted 26 March 2015 - 08:20 PM

I took it in this AM. The mirror has to be replaced again. This means the mirror has to be ordered and taken to a body shop to be painted.This is the second time and it's always the drivers side. My dealer says they have not had any other cars with the same mirror issue as mine. Reassuring....not.

I'm jealous! You have such a unique car... it's a keeper! :)

White Platinum Metallic Tri-Coat

Light Dune Leather interior

All of the bells and whistles (without that silly panoramic roof).

#13 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:10 AM

This is the second time and it's always the drivers side. My dealer says they have not had any other cars with the same mirror issue as mine. Reassuring....not.

For sure.  The two things above when taken together probably means that he problem really is NOT in the mirror itself and they don't have the expertise to figure out what is really wrong.  I wonder how many times they will change it before they figure that out ??

#14 OFFLINE   FordService

FordService

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Official Ford Motor Co.
  • 410 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Model T

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for following up. Please send me a PM with your VIN, mileage, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll send this up the chain.

Hi, Meagan. I have not talked to a dealer. This is the first time it happened in awhile. The last time may have been when the HVAC was replaced. It's so infrequent that I'm not sure what they'd find. I'm still waiting to be notified about the control module recall (have they started producing the replacement modules yet?), and there is a TSB that I want done for the A/C light when in Auto mode, so do see another dealer visit in my future soon. Plus, I don't drive enough to use up my pre-paid service visits, so I'll probably need a set ice visit anyway just for time driven, if not miles.

If it happens again or enough to where you decide to head in, please let me know. As far as any recalls, if you aren't notified, your dealer is always able to look it up. Also, you can check here. Keep me in the loop on this. :)

Meagan

#15 OFFLINE   hermans

hermans

Fusion Hybrid Addict

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 08:51 AM

For sure.  The two things above when taken together probably means that he problem really is NOT in the mirror itself and they don't have the expertise to figure out what is really wrong.  I wonder how many times they will change it before they figure that out ??

The dealer has contacted the higher-ups about it. I think they are going to do a full diagnostics test. Besides the mirrors, they have re-programed the one touch windows 8 times and they still won't work more than a week. The have also performed the TSB for the off road Nav a few times and it won't fix it.

2016 Edge Titanium

2015 Lincoln MKC

2013 MKZ Hybrid

#16 OFFLINE   Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Inactive
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 09:29 AM

The have also performed the TSB for the off road Nav a few times and it won't fix it.

What is "off road NAV".

I don't remember any claims of "off road" capability with the NAV system.

#17 OFFLINE   md13ffhguy

md13ffhguy

Fusion Hybrid Enthusiast

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 706 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northeast
  • Current Vehicle:Fusion SE Hybrid

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

What is "off road NAV".

I think he means that when he's on the road, the display shows him being off. Can't imagine anyone intentionally taking their FFH off-roading! ;)

244968.png

#18 OFFLINE   GrySql

GrySql

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 3,168 posts
  • Current Vehicle:Yes

Posted 28 March 2015 - 12:38 PM

What is "off road NAV".

TSB 14-0037

http://fordfusionhyb...s-tsbs/?p=87989

• jeff_h likes this
The Time Machine....
'13 FFH SE - Platinum White
Custom ordered, build date: 11/30/12, delivered: 12/12/12 - Sold: 09/05/15

#19 OFFLINE   hybridbear

hybridbear

Fusion Hybrid Fanatic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,915 posts
  • Region:U.S. Northern Plains
  • Current Vehicle:2013 Focus Electric, 2013 Fusion Energi Titanium

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:49 PM

This has happened to me before.
When I got into my car this morning, both side mirrors were pointing to their low points, and my pre-programmed Settings were lost.
Has this happened to anyone else?
FFH 2013 Feb 2013 build.

This happened a few times with the old black FFH which had frequent battery saver messages.

The dealer has contacted the higher-ups about it. I think they are going to do a full diagnostics test. Besides the mirrors, they have re-programed the one touch windows 8 times and they still won't work more than a week. The have also performed the TSB for the off road Nav a few times and it won't fix it.

Have they replaced the door modules that the TSB calls for replacing?

Current Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Energi Titanium - White Platinum Metallic

2013 Ford Focus Electric - Ice Storm

315692.png

Previous Vehicles

2013 Ford Fusion Hybrid SE x2

252543.png167422.png

#20 OFFLINE   usererror

usererror

Fusion Hybrid Member

• Fusion Hybrid Member
  • 78 posts
  • Region:U.S. Great Lakes
  • Current Vehicle:FFH Titanium
  • My Hybrid's Year:2015

Posted 19 February 2016 - 09:09 AM

Hi Hermans - 

I am experiencing the same issue you are describing in your post below.  How difficult was it for your Dealer to diagnose this?  Mine has started doing this, but it seems mostly related to when it gets very, very wet, as in when I take it through the self car wash or the soft cloth wash.  I thought it was being caused by the soft cloth hitting the glass, but yesterday I did it by hand and hosed down the car pretty well and the mirror started doing its circle dance.

Did your dealer insist that the problem be replicated by them or were they able to plug into the car's computer and detect an issue?

Thanks for your feedback before I make my appointment.

-Mark

640x163-current-line-up.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Privacy Policy Terms of Service ·